Vintage Hubertus Shellpuller ??????????

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeff

Vintage Hubertus Shellpuller ??????????

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Bill! :D
After an ebay email I heard the seller say he'd relist this knife Sat and he did. I was the 5th person to view the listing according to the counter so here it is, I can't wait to receive it.
A vintage Hubectus( :P ) Solingen stamped blade, C 12 and C 16 stamped shotshell puller bolsters. It's design is pretty basic looking compared to the modern Hubertus leverlocks I've seen.
It's comming from the Netherlands.

Leverlock switchblades
lars

Re: Vintage Hubertus Shellpuller ??????????

Post by lars »

Congrats Jeff! Great score! This one is VERY nice! Really love these old German shellpullers! :)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Very nice score - the information I have is that Hubertus used the tang stamp from 1955 - 1972.

Jim
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Jim,
Being relatively new to Hubertus knives I can't remember seeing a vintage Hubie shellpuller yet, and all of the other Hubertus I've only noticed etchings. I'll have to keep an eye out.
Leverlock switchblades
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Sweet knife! 8)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Chad
Did you get an email from me?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Chad
Did you get an email from me?
Not recently Bill, what did I miss?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The Hubertus shellpuller! I sent an email to both of your addresses. One came back, the other didn't. I figured you and Jeff should both know about it!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The Hubertus shellpuller! I sent an email to both of your addresses. One came back, the other didn't. I figured you and Jeff should both know about it!
Oh yeah I got that one. In fact, I made the guy an offer before he put it back on ebay and Jeff snagged it. :D
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

I offered the goof $200, he relisted with a BIN of $300, I placed a bid, he cancelld my bid and removed the item, relisted and he did the same thing to me two more times. Then he emailed me saying he was going to relist it on ebay Germany. Finally I got tired of the guy jerking me around and just got a 2 blade tangstamped hubie off Bob @ SD instead.

It's a nice knife and if it arrives (I hope it does) you have a dandy Jeff, I got dibs if it ever leaves your possesion :lol:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for letting us know Bill. Gunner sent me a pm about it 2 days before yours with the BIB price of $300 and the listing got pulled. I have no idea how I got it out of all of us, but I hope it shows up, the seller has a 3-4 week shipping time the listing says, so I guess we'll all know sometime around Dec. I was just so happy to see one of these that I posted it before I've even received it, so hopefully everything goes o.k. :D
Kaleb, sure thing, for one of your Shellaro customs free I'll happily put your name 1st on the "if I ever sell" list :D
Leverlock switchblades
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Awsome knife Jeff,I wish Hubertus still had that tang stamp.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Just in from Netherlands
Set up for disappointment I ended up extremely pleased instead so far with this knife. :D
Its got thick dark jigged bone scales fires so fast and solid with great lockup. :shock: It's a firm feeling heavy knife with a great solid kick, I am so happy with how it looks and functions.
It definitely needs some cleanup restoration and re-plating to the lever spring cover and lever but the knife is awesome. What a RARE Hubertus this is to have I'm so happy! Heres some detailed pics Thanks agin gunner and Bill 8)
Last edited by Jeff on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leverlock switchblades
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

I'm glad it arrived to you safely, jeff! very cool knife!!! 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8)