Minikit and a Large LL

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wild zebra

Minikit and a Large LL

Post by wild zebra »

Welp thanks for the help on the minikit. I think I needed to pound that sear hole alittle more, but did not have the tools, but it's acceptable. I hope it doesn't wear to much over time cause it's just barely below the liners. Anyway here is the minikit in Koa, and a Large LL in Ebony and for good measure my Mikov in Koa. Still have 2 minis and hope to get more kits. Still haven't got perfect liners yet, but I've learned alot and the large LL came together very smoothly and quickly, with just a bit of liner gap. Anyways without further ado.
have to say I was alittle bummed when I scraped the lever on the mini and went to polish it out and figured out it was plated copper, now I have a scrape and copper showing thru, well it was fun and can't wait to make more with other types of scales and maybe try my cand at filework. P.s. I swear that pivot pin looks alittle better on the mikov. Thanks
TRYKER

Re: Minikit and a Large LL

Post by TRYKER »

nice job, and i can't see the copper from here

tryker
mr natural

Post by mr natural »

GREAT WORK :)
I did the same thing to a lever :roll:
I hate when that happens :lol:
Mr Natural

wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

thanks all, I really enjoy a little project to keep me busy, I feel bad for putting other hobbies on hold, I got into building guitar stompboxes and effects, and old synthesizers and stuff. But I always had a fondness for these things that flick open so when the kits started popping up 2 worlds collide. I'll have to get more adventurous as I get more comfy with putting them together, Look forward to the stiletto kits and still wanna get my hands on a regular size LL or two. It gets to be overwhelming so many kits and scales and variations and friends saying ohh I want one.

I still remember the day I was walking my paper route when something struck my attention, I picked it up pushed the button and snap!! I didn't have it long though I loaned it to a friend who ran out in the street with another friend, and they pretended to be having a knife fight. A concerned citizen called the police and took my beloved swing guard away. Thinking back an seeing all the switchblade pics I think it was a Rizzy, but it didn't have a bail really not sure though I was young. Still would like to add a all black swing guard to the collection, wink, wink.

take care always enjoy looking at all the sweet knives on this site.
lars

Post by lars »

Thanks for showing these nice pieces!
The Large LL looks VERY nice and I just love your Mikov! Nice to see one with the Clip point blade here :wink:
The little guy is cute :)
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

yes definitely like the clip point better, need to make another one of those. It's starting to show some age now, carried and used it everyday for awhile, took it camping an such, so it's got character now. I kinda retired it to the drawer cause I'd hate to get it taken away by the law. Even though I carried it "openly" in a sheath (long as it's not concealed in Ohio). I have my CCW so if I even get pulled over I have to tell them that and I feel that might lead to, "do you have any other weapons" well I do have this 9 inch switchblade but you know I made it n all. We all know how that will end. So another one of my minikits will replace it. Weird how you can get a license to carry a concealed handgun but having a knife that conveniently opens on its own is a no no.

well probably TMI but thanks
lars

Post by lars »

Wild Zebra,
Here in Sweden you can´t carry either guns or knives at all! More consistent maybe, but I shure would prefere your "strange" laws :D
We can´t even own switchblades...
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Well done. Great choice of handle woods and you do nice work on the finishing.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Love the Mikov and the scale material. Great job.
Also like the clip point.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
HDC

Post by HDC »

Very nice job, the fall leaves give it a nice effect :) :) :) :) :)
stay thirsty my friend
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8)
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Beautiful group! 8) nice job
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

Good Job W Z they look just like Zebra stripes!
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

Nice little collection of homegrown goodies.. I especially like the mikov! :)
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

Thanks everyone, I put together a rosewood mini this weekend, will post pics soon.