Merino Ramshorn Mikov

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
eastcoastsniper

Merino Ramshorn Mikov

Post by eastcoastsniper »

Hey guys and Barb :) ,

It's been a while since I've had a little time to mangle a switch in the garage. we've been racking up the miles on the motorcycles before the cold weather sets in. If you want to see some pic's from our Blue ridge parkway ride the other day..click here.. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showth ... p?t=121013 most of the pic's you'll be able to view without being a member.

Now...on with the show....Here's one I don't think has been done before. A Merino ramshorn Mikov

The material is a little pricey, but it's pretty easy to work with. Don't buy any unless you are willing to spend a LOT of time prepping the slabs for sculpture. I had to add an extra pin in the top and bottom scales. I think it looks a little more balanced that way.

I don't like the nickel pins that come with the kits, so, I custom made some brass pins.. They work really well with the Ramshorn.

Enjoy the pic's.

If you want to become the new owner...send me a pm

Viking45

Re: Merino Ramshorn Mikov

Post by Viking45 »

Gorgeous. The extra pins are cool and the scales incredible. You may have out-done yourself on this one.
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

Viking45 wrote:Gorgeous. The extra pins are cool and the scales incredible. You may have out-done yourself on this one.
Thanks Viking, I liked this one so much, i ordered a big honkin' set of merino scales to re-do a 15" stiletto. I think that will be a unique one also :)
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Awesome job Roger! 8)
lars

Post by lars »

Always a great pleasure finding a new Mikov made by you, Roger!
This one is excellent!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8)