2009 Blade Show Walt's Flat Guard

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Cragar

2009 Blade Show Walt's Flat Guard

Post by Cragar »

This was my first purchase at the 2009 Blade Show held this weekend in Atlanta. It's also my first Walt's Flat Guard and also a prototype. It's a picklock and has some of the most subtle and beautiful variations in horn color that I have ever seen.

Cragar
IMG_4908-2.jpg
IMG_4908-2.jpg (162.95 KiB) Viewed 4871 times
Attachments
IMG_4911-2.jpg
IMG_4911-2.jpg (215.67 KiB) Viewed 4853 times
~Chad

Re: 2009 Blade Show Walt's Flat Guard

Post by ~Chad »

Very nice Cragar! 8)
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

I've had a Walt's on my wish list for awhile now. I'm definitely green with envy! :mrgreen:
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
panner

Post by panner »

Cragar : Excellent looking picklock and the horn does look amazing,Thanks for sharing the pic's 8) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Very Cool! 8) Nice thick, solid looking flat guards.
Leverlock switchblades
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

That's really nice Cragar. It looks heavy for it's size too!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Beautiful knife !! Can you tell us alittle about the other autos at the show ?!?!?!?!?!
lars

Post by lars »

Stunningly beautiful :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Note the thick backspring everyone, a change from the older ones.

Jim
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

Can you tell us alittle about the other autos at the show ?!?!?!?!?!
Just think of all of the websites you might visit in a day admiring your favorite cutlery, and then all of a sudden they are all right there in you face. Your own little personal flick fest! Don't take me the wrong way, but you really had to be there to appreciate the scope of what was there. At least a few examples of every auto you've ever lusted after was there. One vendor had a whole case of these flat guards. 8)
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
Desktop

Post by Desktop »

Cragar wrote:This was my first purchase at the 2009 Blade Show held this weekend in Atlanta. It's also my first Walt's Flat Guard and also a prototype. It's a picklock and has some of the most subtle and beautiful variations in horn color that I have ever seen.

Cragar
That is a beauty!
Nice talking to you at the Show!
:D
Cragar

Post by Cragar »

xlr8 wrote:
Just think of all of the websites you might visit in a day admiring your favorite cutlery, and then all of a sudden they are all right there in you face. Your own little personal flick fest! Don't take me the wrong way, but you really had to be there to appreciate the scope of what was there. At least a few examples of every auto you've ever lusted after was there. One vendor had a whole case of these flat guards. 8)
That about sums it up. I also saw another vendor with 15 or 20 Latamas, many in great shape. There was something there for everyone and then some. As much as I saw, I know I still missed some things just because of the sheer volume. I saw a couple of beautiful-horned 11" Campolin bayonet blade picklocks that I tried to do some trading for but it just didn't work out.

As much as I enjoyed the knives, the best part of it all was getting to meet and talk with other switchblade lovers and members here.

Cragar
warbird

Post by warbird »

:shock: real,real nish !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

xlr8 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing and I was not there.
I still can't even picture myself saying the following words out loud: "How much are you asking for the 1940's Weidmannsheil Springer Konig with the shell pullers?" :shock:
That would be like a dream come true!
You've got top choices on well made knives Cragar. Every knife I've seen you produce is a great thick well made (usually rare) switchblade. Congrats again on a great collection. :D
Leverlock switchblades