Opens with flick of finger

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Opens with flick of finger

Post by Panzerfaust »

These were a little before my time, but I remember seeing the ads in 1960s Boys' Life magazines that one of my 7th grade teachers had in 1980 and even though I knew they were not switchblades, I wanted one.The one on the top I got today. I have yet to figure out how to open these with a flick of finger, but they are well-made sturdy little knives.
Attachments
DSC01940.jpg
DSC01940.jpg (165.47 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
JapStilettoFlickFinger2.jpg
JapStilettoFlickFinger2.jpg (139.05 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
JapStiletoFlickFinger.jpg
JapStiletoFlickFinger.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
JulesVane

Re: Opens with flick of finger

Post by JulesVane »

I know what you mean. They certainly attracted us as kids wishing they were switchblades. Here's a couple favorites from my small collection...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

JulesVane wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:34 am I know what you mean. They certainly attracted us as kids wishing they were switchblades. Here's a couple favorites from my small collection...

Nice and these are old enough now to be collectable in their own right. I'm also a fan of the late 1950s and early 1960s manual Italian stilettos.
TMD

Post by TMD »

Very nice examples of these knives. I find it interesting that the knives are advertised as suitable for throwing :)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG (47.49 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
Always was a fan of them too!
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Tom19176 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:01 pm IMG_2288.JPG

Always was a fan of them too!
Nice collection! I had a few more when I was in my teens that I no longer have. I wish I would have kept them although I still have one of those Lion swing guards that I bought when I was about 12.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Glad I never fell for the BS ad....The $1.96 I saved is worth about 50 cents now.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Just trying to think of what you can get for 50 cents now. Absolutely nothing I can think of, anyone else?
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Really nice looking manuals shared by all . 8)

Had a few in the 80s always pretended ro my mates they were" flick knives "showing off .

Sammy... same here in the UK ,its 50 pence ovrr here and when I was young and given pocket money by my mum and dad ,50p could buy you many things from the corner shop and you had change left ...felt rich : :) ..... but now even walkers crisps are 75 p a packet
Its when you know your getting old when your sentence starts "I remember the days when 50 p went a long way " :D
sammy the blade

Afraid the good old days are gone and someday will be forgotten.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

The old Japanese AL-12 sold by Westbury Knife Sales in New York state was cool. It was a time in my childhood that I will long remember. the folding guards, inexpensive steel. A hefty $2.75 back in 1969 was something that took a while to obtain through the "snail mail" of the day.

Ah, memories! :)
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

gravknife wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:27 pm Really nice looking manuals shared by all . 8)

Had a few in the 80s always pretended ro my mates they were" flick knives "showing off .

Sammy... same here in the UK ,its 50 pence ovrr here and when I was young and given pocket money by my mum and dad ,50p could buy you many things from the corner shop and you had change left ...felt rich : :) ..... but now even walkers crisps are 75 p a packet
Its when you know your getting old when your sentence starts "I remember the days when 50 p went a long way " :D
AMEN!
Fishtail Picklock
boots

Post by boots »

sammy the blade wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm Just trying to think of what you can get for 50 cents now. Absolutely nothing I can think of, anyone else?
sammy the blade

Can't remember the last time I saw any of that either
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

They are neat knives now. I didn't mean to side track the thread.
I just remember all the ads in my comics and maybe "Boys Life". Even as a dumb kid something in the back of my head was telling me these weren't the switchblade I wanted.

I still remember the leather ring I ordered that was leather and had a pot metal peace sign or was it a "cross"? I don't remember... There was the "joy buzzer" that was going to "shock" all my friends.

When I was finally a teen there was the "Rambo knife" that a couple friends and I ordered. It had a compass and water proof matches and other things hidden in the screw off handle....lol

Yeah, I'm a dumbass...