My Cold Steel Ti-Lite 6 Switchblade Conversions

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Killgar

Re: My Cold Steel Ti-Lite 6 Switchblade Conversions

Post by Killgar »

jerryk25 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:30 am Very cool descriptions. . . . .fun to read this. . . thanks.
Thanks Jerryk25. Sometimes I think maybe my posts go a bit too long, but when it's something I have a passion for I can get a little long-winded :D .

On a related note I recently made a new liner-side handle scale for V2 so that now it's just as easy to take apart and re-assemble as V3. This is a feature that's important to me.

I also decided to experiment a little with V3. I wanted to see if I could make it fire with a bit more power, so I bent the spring out a bit more. I had another spring on hand ready to install so I wasn't too worried about messing up the original spring. But the experiment proved successful, and now the knife fires even harder than before (that's another feature that's important to me).
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

In my life, those days when i had access to tools and a machine shop,
i was relatively ignorant of switchblade alternate designs.
Now that I've seen more, I fantasize about how I would have done things differently.
I'm just not motivated anymore, fingers hurt.
I think I'm just gonna be a watcher.

I have a Ti-Lite, ( somewhere ) but I never thought of modifying it.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

jerryk25 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:03 am In my life, those days when i had access to tools and a machine shop,
i was relatively ignorant of switchblade alternate designs.
Now that I've seen more, I fantasize about how I would have done things differently.
I'm just not motivated anymore, fingers hurt.
I think I'm just gonna be a watcher.

I have a Ti-Lite, ( somewhere ) but I never thought of modifying it.
I feel ya Jerry. Motivation has always been an issue for me. I'm the kinda guy who, once I get moving you can't stop me, but it takes a lot of effort for me to get myself moving. Even now I'm planning on making another T6 conversion, but I'm nowhere near close to starting.

And boy do I wish I had started on these conversions years ago. My source for springs, rocker arms and sears went out of business. If I had known that I would be able to do these conversions I would have stocked up on parts while they were available, and I could be producing a lot of these. But I didn't. The last order I placed was just to have a few extras on hand for switchblades I already had. It's the story of my life- when I don't want something they're plentiful, but when I REALLY want them, they're no longer available.

And I certainly do my share of switchblade-fantasizing. Many nights, instead of counting sheep, I've fallen to sleep designing switchblades in my head. If I ever win the lottery I'm going into the knife business and mass-produce some pretty awesome switchblades. Ah well, one can dream :D .