Newest additions to my collection, both on the repair list

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Newest additions to my collection, both on the repair list

Post by kugr »

Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
JimBrown257

Re: Newest additions to my collection, both on the repair list

Post by JimBrown257 »

Those vintage Americans have such weak springs that if you have one that is firing poorly it is pretty easy to just reach in a bend them forward. And because the backspring is pinned almost all the way up, you don't need to worry about an uneven kickspring bend pushing back on the backspring like you do on other knives. Most of the added bend will be undone when you close the blade but it will usually give it a little extra kick.

If you need to replace the spring, you will only need to get that middle pin out.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The gravity will be difficult to repair. Making the missing parts can be done, but it will be very expensive.
It may just be cheaper to buy a working specimen.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
kugr

Post by kugr »

The edgemaster needs alot more work than that... it doesnt fire at all... to be honest, I haven't even really looked at it yet, I did the button push test upon arrival, then set it to the side.

Bill, you are yet again correct... I payed 25 bucks for it, no love lost if it never gets fixed. Bought it on a whim so I could see/hold/learn the functions of a gravity knife. One day when I get my future shop built and filled with toys, I might attempt to fabricate the lever mechanism.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.