Tuesday's New Knives

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jmack1944

Tuesday's New Knives

Post by jmack1944 »

I call them The Three Sisters. Purchased these from fellow forum member Roccomo. Fast delivery and as advertised. I really like these three knives. They will not be put up for adoption.
I'm just waiting for the pins which will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. I really like these 3 knives. Too bad they are no longer made.
OAL 8" with blade length 3 3/8". Italy Stainless stamped on one side of the tang and Edgeco on the other side. The pearlex scales are really nice. The photos don't do them justice. Someday I have to buy a new camera.
Here's Roccomo's description of the knives:

"These are original, unopened Leverlock kits from the Edge Company circa 1988. I have three available, white, blue and green. I got them new 23 years ago and never built them. They actually are a great knife once put together...very similar to the current day Italian levers but with an excellent clip blade in them. Kits include the knife with blade factory installed, spring, male/female pin and instruction sheet for easy assembly."

Viking45

Re: Tuesday's New Knives

Post by Viking45 »

:shock: Love the green. Very collectible trio there.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice ones 8)
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Viking45 wrote::shock: Love the green. Very collectible trio there.
Thanks Vike. I really like the green too. I'm not a big fan of the colour(or) green but the green is my favourite too. I wish I could get more of these knives. I thought they would be smaller than they actually are. Really feel good in the hand and have a nice weight to them. I should have taken a pic of the thickness of the scales. Very substantial. They are definitely keepers. I'm now turned on to leverlocks. 8)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

It's funny, when I was alot younger looking through the edgeco catalogs, I barely paid any attention to the leverlocks...I was only interested in the stilettos and OTF's. Now I would much rather have a leverlock.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

whippersnapper wrote: I barely paid any attention to the leverlocks...I was only interested in the stilettos and OTF's. Now I would much rather have a leverlock.
That's probably the case with many collectors,I know it is for me. I really like the heft of a nice lever,even my smaller Hubies have a hefty,solid feel.

I have said this before but I still wish Hubertus made a Guardian with at least a full one inch longer blade.
When the Guardian is closed it feels like a solid piece of steel. One of the best levers still being made today.

Having the Edge Co stamp makes these very desirable.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Viking45 wrote: Having the Edge Co stamp makes these very desirable.
Any idea what one of these would be worth? Just curious. Maybe this isn't the place to ask a question like this and if so tell me and I will delete the post.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Very nice. You've been busy. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

jmack1944 wrote:
Viking45 wrote: Having the Edge Co stamp makes these very desirable.
Any idea what one of these would be worth? Just curious. Maybe this isn't the place to ask a question like this and if so tell me and I will delete the post.
I don't see any problem with asking that question here.
However I'm no expert on pricing out-of-production knives but there are quite a few here that may be able to help you out.

Again I don't know much about these but my guess is that there is a collector out there that would love to buy all three.
Having the removable springs is a big plus.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Viking45 wrote: Again I don't know much about these but my guess is that there is a collector out there that would love to buy all three.
Yeah. Me! :mrgreen:
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Razor_54 wrote:Very nice. You've been busy. 8)
Always busy Razor. :wink:
birdieman

Post by birdieman »

Very sweet J! You HAVE been busy. :D
picklock junkie
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I have never owned one of those but remember them well from an Edge Co. catalog I received in the late 1980s. I still have the catalog somewhere. I probably would have bought one one of those knives if I had not already owned a Hubertus and a Boker lever lock.
lars

Post by lars »

Great additions, jmack1944! Really likes them with the clip point blades!
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

lars wrote:Great additions, jmack1944! Really likes them with the clip point blades!
Thanks Lars. I was glad they had clip points when I opened the package. It's hard to believe that these 3 knives are at least 23 years old. Previous owner had never opened the sealed bags they came in.