laser etching/engraving logo's

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

laser etching/engraving logo's

Post by mrbigg »

hey all,

i'm looking for a company in the US that can put company logo's on knives, in quantity, at a good price - can anyone recommend anyone?

could be laser/stamp/etch/screen - whatever process - just reasonably priced at "union" quality :wink:
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

i think frost cutlery does other peoples knives on a big scale... might be that they only do there own tho.
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

thanks mr BTB,

arent they in pakistan or china? any chance you have a link to them?

my boss wants to buy a bunch of give-away knives for customers, which is no problem, but he wants our logo on them......
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

sorry... wasnt thinking
http://www.frostcutlery.com/customshop.html
There stuff is perfect giveaway "swag" for your good customers.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

MrBigg,
Why not invest in your own etching machine. I bought a Etch-O-Matic and it works great. You can create your own stencil or have the company make one for you. heres a link.

http://www.etch-o-matic.com/

I got mine on ebay. you can do stainless, brass, copper, whatever. I think Jantz knife supply sells 3" stencil paper for a pin feed printer. Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

thanks mr claudster,

looks like a pretty neat gadget! are the stencils fairly easy to make? does that stay on fairly well - is it durable?

i think that the quantities i would be dealing with might be too large for that setup...probably 50-100 small pocket knives....not to mention that with our first baby on the way in four weeks, my own labour will become very valuable.......i do apreciate the link :D

mr BTB,

thanks also for the great link - this may be a good option for us - a one stop shop - i'm going to look into it further.......
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

I have only made a couple of stencils and they have been by hand. The etching only takes 3 secs. and it is permanent just like any blade you see from the factory. I am planning to try the stencils on somes blades in the near future because I just came across a dot matrix printer, I'll let you know.
Its great for marking tools
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson