Gravity Blade

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
AzPete

Gravity Blade

Post by AzPete »

Where is a good source of good quality Gravity Blades. Ideally a WWll German SS gravity blade would be fun to own..but where to look? Any gravity blade would be nice..but no junk.

Thanks

AzPete
etepza@netscape.net
"Cleverly disquised a a responcible retired adult"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Gravity knives are far less common than switches. One possibility is to check KnifeShop. http://WWW.knifeshop.com :idea:
Last time I checked they only had the German Paratrooper knife.
Gonzo_Beyondo

Post by Gonzo_Beyondo »

Heres a good example of knives which have more appeal to military collectors, than knife collectors.

Just like WW2 German daggers, these are sought after, and because of their design (gravity) are even harder to find, although usually much cheaper than a good cond. dagger. Much of this stuff was destroyed after the war.

The German paratroopers knives (with wooden handles) are sort of a grail for me. Its like alot of you guys with Rizzutos... I've got childhood memories of them.

The knife itself isn't a fantastic tool, or made incredibly well, or of any super-steel, or featuring rare scale material. But the collector interest, and thus price, is high. Its also grouped into the same catagory as those "EVIL AUTOMATIC KNIVES" which keeps them from appearing "openly"... like flea markets and such. Tho you could get lucky at a gunshow, or perhaps in a copy of "The Shotgun News".

Newer plastic versions just ain't the same, and while the green handled ones are alright, those latest black "Colt Rescue" models, whatever they're called, really look hideous and cheap (at least in photos).

I'd REALLY love to own a WW2 model, but I doubt i'd ever pay the premiums, its just not worth it. Maybe someday i'll get lucky. Meanwhile, the standard Mikov is close enough. :?
McGyver

Post by McGyver »

I've got a Colt CSAR, but not being to familiar with gravity, I can say nothing more than it is rather well made. I picked it up a few years ago for $30 and haven't used it once. I figured one day it might be worth something.
McG
bukowsky

Post by bukowsky »

I have one of those soligen gravities,the blades are always too lose for my liking.