Looking for a certain knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
nclay

Looking for a certain knife

Post by nclay »

hi guys im new to this board, anyway im looking for a specific type of folder that i misplaced in the middle of a tomato feild over this past summer. I mainly used the knife for slicing open thousands of tomatos per day (mostly immature or "green" fruit) i used a certain type of knife that wasnt a really high quality knife but it was specific to that kind of work. Here is a breif description,
- Rrectangular, approx. 4 inches closed length, 8 in. open
- fully serrated edge
-very slim, might have been as slim as 1/8 in. closed.
-read cambells seeds on the side (just thought id throw that in)
(ive searched the web/stores far and wide and had trouble even finding a fully serrated folder)

Im looking for a similar/same knife or a replacement that might do the job even better!
----- ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED-----
thanks guys!
Milu

Post by Milu »

Try checking out Spyderco for serrated folders for utility. They are available almost everywhere.

http://www.spyderco.com
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

My favourite edc is the Spyderco police model. All metal construction and build like a tank.

~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
nclay

Post by nclay »

hey thanks! that looks absolutly perfect for what i wanna do.
nclay

Post by nclay »

wow, i cant beleive i never came across this spyderco before, these never are so perfect for the abuse im gonna put on them!
i think i decided on this model because it is more than reasonably priced and i really like the non-curved blade shape, and the serrated edge looks like it will slice straight through the fruit and straight into my finger, thanks again.
http://www.knifesite.com/index.asp?Page ... rodID=2484