Anyone ever here of this knifemaker?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Anyone ever here of this knifemaker?

Post by Claudester »

Has anyone ever heard of J. Jacobs Custom knives? Here's a link to one of his on ebay;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6507930267

Are these really custom or something else?

Thanks
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
DaWulf

Re: Anyone ever here of this knifemaker?

Post by DaWulf »

Claudester wrote:Has anyone ever heard of J. Jacobs Custom knives? Here's a link to one of his on ebay;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6507930267

Are these really custom or something else?

Thanks

A quote from another board where the same question was asked a couple of years ago:

"well i must Admit that i have meet Him and his name is Jason Jacob's he usually sell's his knive's here at Gun Show's From what i have seen I Question his Warranty !! I Have seen some of his knives sell for 20 - 30 dollar's I Asked him once About his " Making " and was told he Hollow Grind's in 45 Second's !! I Have to "Wonder " about Such Statement's !! One Custom Maker at that show told me that Jacob's Grind's off other Company's Logo's and Slap's a Horn Handle on Calling the Knife His "

Like I said this is 2nd/3rd hand.

Wulf
magnum

Post by magnum »

Looks like Junk to me!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I notice the term "custom knife" instead of hand made :idea: I don't care how ugly it is you do NOT get a hand made knife with stag scales for $34.99 :!: The materials alone would cost almost that much. A "custom knife" could be a knife that had China ground off the tang :roll:
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Thanks Gentlemen,
There was one seller that had quite a few of the custom Jacobs and I almost dove in. Glad I asked and also glad you responded.
Steve
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson