Livesay REKAT

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rhino2u

Livesay REKAT

Post by rhino2u »

Looking at buying Livesay RKAT with sheath, What is knife in good condition worth? Seller also has SSS kydex back sheath that he is asking $65. is it a good deal? rhino :?:

RTAK

Post by 666 »

Hi.....I thought it was called an RTAK. Check out this web-site.

http://64.227.169.223/
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I just happened to see this old post and it brought back memories. When Newt used to post on BF he made a few mistakes and a lot of ememies. He started his own forum where every topic was about him and his knives. At the time say he had 9 models then that meant their were 9 seperate forums to just talk about that particular model :roll: There are quite a few reasons that he didn't get along at BF but to be truthful they were not always his fault. But if you were on his forum and didn't bow down and acknowledge that his were the best knives made your post was deleted and you were banned. His style is pretty simple. Grind a blade which many said his grinds were uneven. Slap to G-10 scales on it call it some exotic name and charge 3 to 4 times the going rate for a small plain vanilla knife. I see his website is much bigger now so his small army of devoted followers must have grown. When I'm in the market for a custom knife whether fixed or folding for the money I want bolsters and I want them done right with dove tail construction. There are so many new custom makers now that even I admit I can't keep up. Seems everyone with a workbench in there cellar and some power tools think they will be the next Bagwell or Moran overnight. When I got into customs about 30 years ago I could ramble off names locations styles prices etc of just about every custom maker at the time the same way some guys can run off statistics about ball players. Now even I am lost. Sure the good ones like Crawford,Herman,Carson,Terouzula,Johnson and I could go on are still around. One big diff though is after all these years they now have sons sharing the business. Look at a Warners book from the 80's and in the back lists every custom maker ,addresses, styles what steel they favor,handle materials and price range. Now look at a new book and you will be amazed at the fact that custom makers have almost tripled. The problem is most just do standard tactical FB with zydex (What ever happened to good high quality leather sheathes?) and 2 slabs of micarta and presto instant custom knife for $3 to $400. Uh Uh I'll make my own if I just wanted that type of knife. Well what started as my musings has turned into one of my long winded rambles. But custom knives are a good subject to talk about and I welecome any questions or discussions regarding them. I don't mean people like Burn and Nemo,Merlin etc since they have a special custom niche I just mean FB or folders. You know after looking at one of Lee's knives or Nemo or Burn they practice the hardest custom work going which is why I can't stress enough that leaf fired knives are the hardest knives going to do RIGHT. Which is why out of 1,000's and 1,000's of custom makers will you rarely find any that do them and the ones that do we all know anyways.
PB
Last edited by Pushbutton on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

The ony REKAT i own is the cub folder with carbon fiber scales for which i paid 120$ last year. Was told by Josh that these were made in a custom shop in Idaho by the Bob Brothers. Thats all i know about these knives.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Razor this is the Bob Taylor your talking about. The name of his company
was Round Eye. They made the Hobbit a particular nasty piece of buisiness that he ripped from Al Mar. Whole other story. He used to have his own forum on BF but never answerered anyone ,his customer service was shit and his knives were prone to trouble. Next thing he's getting into it with members /customers and wouldn't do anything except scream that he was calling his lawyers. Real honest stand up guy as you can read.
PB

http://www.phonyveterans.com/Taylor.html
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Thanks PB. Very informative.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6