Marbles Safety Folding Hunter ?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
KellysWifeDiana

Marbles Safety Folding Hunter ?

Post by KellysWifeDiana »

Hi there, I have a good friend that has a large knife collection and he has ask me to sell them for him on ebay. The bad part is I really don't know a whole lot about knives. Could someone help me identify this Marbles knife? I'm having a hard time finding some info on it. I would like to know about what year it was produced and what the handle is made from. I have sent several emails out and no-one seems to be answering them so SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!

Other then the Marbles trade name on the blade there isnt any other markings of any kind.

Diana :cry:
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good evening Diana,
Please post a photograph of the front and back sides of the knife. We shall give it our best.
Hope we can help.
Sam Hotton
KellysWifeDiana

Im working on photos

Hi there, I'm currently working on the photos. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but hopefully there will be pictures in just a few minutes

Diana
KellysWifeDiana

pictures of Marbles

Ok here is the photos

http://www.georgethejeep.com/EbayStuff.html

Thanks for your help
Diana
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My guess ;
A Marbles Safety Folder [modern re-issue] retail [new in box] about $300 and change IF genuine. [Oriental copies have been made, worth MUCH less :!: ]
I'm not really happy with the pin placement [and number] but I'm working from pics :?
KellysWifeDiana

Thanks for you input

I currently have it on Ebay and I just got a kinda nasty email from someone that said its not a Marbles, and it is not vintage like I have it listed.

It was purchased in an estate sale 23-24 years ago so I know it's at least that old. Was there any other company that used the Marbles insignia?

It didn't come with its original box.

Diana
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Diana
I believe that Parker cutlery, or Frost Cutlery remade these (in Japan) in the 1970s. I do not know if they were authorized to use the Marbles name. Yours appears to be one of the Japanese models. It is not an original Marbles knife.
Bill