you people werent joking about addiction...(question)

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
catpower

you people werent joking about addiction...(question)

Post by catpower »

and now im addicted to collecting knives...gah.
:).
a nice leverlock coming as soon as can make up my mind...so many to choose from.(tanto posted a sweet lookin one possibly coming out)

anywho, looking to get an every day utility knife.
been checking out stores and sites but not sure what to get.
can someone help me out please?
maybe mention some of your favorite ones.
something durable and good quality and at the most about 60 bucks.
roughly 6 or 7 inches
thanks

-dave
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

$60.00 buck dollars? Get 2 Boker Kalashnikovs and have enough left over for a couple of beers to celebrate. :wink:
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
tequiza

Re: you people werent joking about addiction...(question)

Post by tequiza »

catpower wrote:and now im addicted to collecting knives...gah.
:).
a nice leverlock coming as soon as can make up my mind...so many to choose from.(tanto posted a sweet lookin one possibly coming out)

anywho, looking to get an every day utility knife.
been checking out stores and sites but not sure what to get.
can someone help me out please?
maybe mention some of your favorite ones.
something durable and good quality and at the most about 60 bucks.
roughly 6 or 7 inches
thanks

-dave
Cat,
the Kals are a good choice,also check out stu's auction on BA,you can pick up a nice LL,or LLO for less than 60 buckos,all good EDC's.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
moe

Post by moe »

For a few bucks more I'd try the new SpeedHunters. Nice size and a beautiful piece. From Stu:
http://www.bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa ... ber=768798

Or from Alajohn a lever lock:
http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=768881

Both are good guys.
Moe
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Well, Since everybodys pimpin' someone, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I bought a few from this guy.. Very nice stuff. He combined shipping, No extra B.S. paypal fees, and 2 day shipping. Oh!! and get this... He answered my emails right away, and even spoke on the phone with me!! There's a novel Idea.
http://www.bladebid.com/asp/detail.asp?id=11529
" If it ain't sharp, it ain't gonna cut the mustard"
Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Post by Bear Claw Chris Lappe »

It all started so simple, I just wanted one Buck 110 from the Custom Shoppe..........Now my 3rd one is being built!

I am NOT an addict!
I am NOT an addict!
I am NOT an addict!
"I'm Bear Claw Chris Lappe, blood kin to the grizzer' that bit Jim Bridger's ass!"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Bear Claw Chris Lappe wrote:It all started so simple, I just wanted one Buck 110 from the Custom Shoppe..........Now my 3rd one is being built!

I am NOT an addict!
I am NOT an addict!
I am NOT an addict!

JUNKIE! JUNKIE! JUNKIE!

:lol: HO! HO! :lol:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Bear Claw Chris Lappe

JerrBear wrote:JUNKIE! JUNKIE! JUNKIE!:lol: HO! HO! :lol:
Oh I know, it's pathetic. I am already planning my 4th.

Here are the first two.

The top is Elk and the bottom is Stag.

"I'm Bear Claw Chris Lappe, blood kin to the grizzer' that bit Jim Bridger's ass!"
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

And before too long you can get a 110 with NS bolsters and choice of horn in an auto conversion from one of our Good Guys, Mr. Swinguard. :idea: The price looks reasonable as well.

It just gets better and better :!:
Bear Claw Chris Lappe

natcherly wrote:And before too long you can get a 110 with NS bolsters and choice of horn in an auto conversion from one of our Good Guys, Mr. Swinguard. :idea: The price looks reasonable as well.

It just gets better and better :!:
I pass on converted 110's, no offense to anyone, but first Buck HIGHLY disapproves of these conversions, and second my home state of Illinois has the most agressive switch-blade laws in the U.S., the knife itself is contraban subject to conviscation and arrest, just for possessing it.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

I pass on converted 110's, no offense to anyone, but first Buck HIGHLY disapproves of these conversions
I have a friend who stood in line to have his Buck 110 conversion signed by Buck chairman Chuck Buck who was making a personal appearance at a knife shop. Mr. Buck really liked the conversion and the quality of the conversion and emphatically stated so to my friend as he signed his knife.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
Bear Claw Chris Lappe

jarvis wrote:
I pass on converted 110's, no offense to anyone, but first Buck HIGHLY disapproves of these conversions
I have a friend who stood in line to have his Buck 110 conversion signed by Buck chairman Chuck Buck who was making a personal appearance at a knife shop. Mr. Buck really liked the conversion and the quality of the conversion and emphatically stated so to my friend as he signed his knife.
He may have adrmired it, but Buck has a long standing policy against such converted knives. They make no bones about it, they will not service or repair or in anyway allow one into their factory, and they do not endorse these conversions.