need advice for a new benchmade .....

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

need advice for a new benchmade .....

Post by mrbigg »

hello all!

well i have convinced myself i need another benchmade...
i figured i'd ask other members what they think is the best value, and the best dealer or site to buy it...

the only criteria that is important to me is that it is a non-auto somewhere between $50-$150US, and i prefer 154cm over other BM steels....
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Funny you should mention Benchmade. Got an order with PVK for the 310 Benchmite and the 550sbt Griptilian. The Benchmide is 154cm and looks cool, would make and excellent edc in non-auto. As for the Griptilian, i just like the looks, but its in 440 steel. Both for $150us. You probably can find cheaper over the net, but i know i'm sure to get my order from PVK and away from the "C" clowns.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

thanks mr_razor!!

i already have a 310 :lol: and it's a great pocket knife, great steel - ninja sharp - but i was looking for something a bit bigger...
Mik

Post by Mik »

love my 805 TSEK, but it is in 440C... the 806 is in D2 with a black coating though. exact same handle, but with a hole instead of the thumbstud on the 805. both knives r on the larger side and can be had for around $95US. G10 scales r very comfortable too.
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

8) well i made up my mind - thanks for the great advice fellas, but i went with the BM 520S precidio....i think i got a pretty good deal, and i'm hoping the manual lives up to what i've heard about the auto...

seems i have $50 left in my budget, so maybe room for 1 more :wink: :lol:

also picked up the BM tool kit...