wierd Knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
quicksnap

wierd Knife

Post by quicksnap »

I dont know if anyone will be able to help me at all but I figure its worth a shot. I have an old folding knife but the blade is twice as long as the handle so that when it is closed it looks like a fixed blade but it has a latch on the bottom which opens it and the blade swings out. I think that the handle is bone and there is inlay on the blade (some of which has fallen out) the inlay is a village or something with the words "toledo" and somthing else hardy readable. I have not been able to find any info on these knives at all no matter where I look so If anyone knows anything, pleeease let me know. Id be very gratefull.
Regards,
QuiCKsnAp
hmmmm I lurve the smell of cold steel in the mornin'
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. quicksnap,

Welcome to the Forum!

Please see Blade Pictures, "Pig hunter" thread. I believe this is exactly like what you're talking about...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
quicksnap

Post by quicksnap »

Thanks alot jerrbear! Finally I have found another one. Mines a lot older though but basically the same. Ill post a pic of it if I can fix my stoopid camera. Thanks again!
QuicksNAP
hmmmm I lurve the smell of cold steel in the mornin'
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

In parts of Europe, Hunting Tradition expects that a wounded Wild Boar must be "Finished Off" with a knife :shock: These knives would be used in the OPEN position for that purpose and explains the Various names "Pig-Knife", Pig-Sticker", "Boar-Knife" etc.