OK, I Don't Know Much About Knives

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Rattler

OK, I Don't Know Much About Knives

Post by Rattler »

As the title says. My uncle recruited me to sell off some knives his son had collected before he passed away. I will probably just be putting them up on Ebay but I would like to know if they are worth what my cousin had them listed at on a sheet.

I have a couple right now.

One has a S"X"M on it. I can't find anything on an SXM or an SM. It has the markings 041 "X" 91L on it. The blade is @ 3 1/4 long. The knife closed is 4 1/2. It has a redish/orange handle. I can snap digi pics but wasn't sure if I could post them here or if I have to host them somewhere else.

The other is a Blackjack. It has 2 opening knobs(? or whatever they are called) and has what appears to be ivory handle but its carved to what looks like tree bark. The blade locks too. It measures out to about the same as the other knife.

I got @ 100 knives to go through yet. Some I find listed on Ebay but quite a few I don't. Some names from the list: Al Mar, Spyderco, Meriden Britannia, Judy Cottage, Bruckmann, Bench Made & AG Russel. There are several more names on the list. Some are fixed blade but most are folding. Some stilettos too. I recoginzed a couple names of them in different thread on here such as Kissing Crane.

Is ther a website that might help me identify some or all of these knives? I don't want to ask about every knife.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

You might check a more focused source like Blade Auction. Ebay has a lot of crap to wade through. Use Google to get referrals on specific makes. Will take time but spend it to avoid giving stuff away.
Rattler

Post by Rattler »

Thanks for the info.

I love the sig too. "I need more cowbell!!"