Anyone into Spanish Navajas??

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Navajero

Anyone into Spanish Navajas??

Post by Navajero »

I'm a HUGE fan of the Spanish Navaja (clasp knives), especially some of the older vintage ones, but they cost ALOT!! Recently I just purchased an Andujar Elite, this is one AWESOME knife, it has an acid etched blade in a cool design and bull horn scales. This is definitely for show, I wouldn't want to carry this thing anywhere, I could probably get arrested for it, knife laws in New York suck!! But there are some Navajas that I carry (a Joker Montera, and Andujar Montera), I just make sure I keep the blade length under 4 in. to be on the safe side.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Hello Navaajero,
Yes I like them also. I just started a collection of them maybe 6 months ago.
Heres a couple of the ones I have.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Hey those are wicked pissa. Where did you get them? Are they expensive?Do they have the ratchet lock? I want one. Where did you learn to take pics that good so fast?

Navaajero
Yours is really kool to.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I only have a couple, but they are nice :)
Navajero

Post by Navajero »

WOW, those navajas are beautiful!!! :D I have a few, but it looks like you have some unique ones, I also see a Muela there too. The first one looks exactly like my Andujar Elite, same acid etched blade, except mine is only etched on the top, but it has the same bull horn scales, and ratcheting lock. I also have a Joker stag navaja and an Andujar stamina wood navaja that are pocket sized. Hey Pushbutton, they're not really expensive at all, that first one cost me $140, the other two were $39.99 and $29.99, I've gotten bit by the Navaja bug and now I'm starting up a collection, check out the link at the bottom:

http://www.worldknives.com
Navajero

Post by Navajero »

Here's a couple more beauties, this first one is made by Joker of Spain and it's an insane 21 inches in total length, and the other I really don't know the maker but it's a hell of knife though.
JohanB

Post by JohanB »

Ive never seen one before, but i quite like them.... Are they very small?
hum.....Can i use a personal logo here ?
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

these are some beauties :!: i can see the knife i was talking about on a different post that someone was showing me told me wrong, he said he had a vendetta, well i can see now this is what he had, Navaja, his looked like the one you have Navajero, the Andujar Elite, the same handle and blade but the blade on his did not have the ecthing
hmmmmmmm...21" knife... my kind of knife :D :D
Bowtown Blade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Spanish call almost all folders Navajas. And they translate it as "Penknives"! Everyone else uses the term to mean the Spanish style folder, like these :idea:
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

This is the big brother of Navajero's 21" Joker.31" I got it in Valencia Spain.It was a window display and the guy cut himself on it trying to remove it from the window. :roll: Image I love them and get a great buzz when discovering knife shops in Spain.Never know quite what you will find! :D Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

See what you guys started :!: this is my first one but I will be getting more
Bowtown Blade
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Claudester wrote:Hello Navaajero,
Yes I like them also. I just started a collection of them maybe 6 months ago.
Heres a couple of the ones I have.

img]http://images4.fotki.com/v51/photos/1/1 ... 018-vi.jpg[/img]
Imagemg]http://images4.fotki.com/v48/photos/1/1 ... VC872F/img]
:shock: These are truly amazing knives. You did say Spanish, correct? I seem to recall seeing one in a movie (The Mission). I would also like to know more about them. Where can you buy them? They look like autos. Are they? Tell me more.

George
If it isn't an auto it auto be!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Try Worldknives. Got my first Joker from them.

http://worldknives.com/
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6