Lost my EDC

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rapidboy1

Lost my EDC

Post by rapidboy1 »

I have lost two knives in my lifetime.
One when i was a kid ,a little multi blade with imitation MOP scales and a clip point main blade.
Lost it on the beach and spend days wondering up and down searching aimlessly in the sand.
The other knife i just lost was my new Outdoor7.
This had not left my pocket since i got it and I'm completely gutted.
I lost it yesterday at work and spent most of today retracing my steps but to no avail.

Just thought i'd share with the people who would understand.

Shit ,I'm gonna go and drown my sorrows with a few pints of black stuff.
RB :cry:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I know how you feel Rapid. It's worse then losing money. You panic and go nuts it's happened to me more times then I can remember. Hope you find it. Red over on TSF a few years back lost his new LCC/DA while working he looked all day and remembered he went to a lumber yard or something drove back there and after searching found ir buried in mud and maybe run over to. He took it home and cleaned it up and it was fine. He was one lucky guy.
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

I lost my Benchmade spike last year at home depot. I feel your pain.
I hope the Bassturd who picked it up off a stack of lumber cut himself. I was only gone for 5 minutes. :twisted:
I hope you find it
Missaman
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

My O my Rapid, what am I gonna do with you. You went and lost a knife with a lanyard ring on it, I'll bet it wasn't even tethered to your drawers. I know you must be going bonkers over losing it, wish there was something I could do. Just keep looking, It might just turn up. I tend to set things down in a "safe" place and then forget where this safe place was. Once I had taken my 11" picklock deer hunting with me, that evening I went to remove it from my trouser pocket and it wasn't there"PANIC ATTACK". 1:30 in the morning in the rain headlamp + handheld torch (flashlight, heavy rain, I am combing an 80 acre field for that old picklock. Can't find it, going crazy, no sleep, feel really sick. Next day, under some bills that the wife brought in from the post box is the picklock. I must have taken it out of my pock the night I came home from hunting and the wife stacked the mail on top. Yes Rapid I understand, you look EVERYWHERE, I hope you find it.

Good luck,
Sam
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'll see if I have any left. There may be one in the flea market stuff, I'm not sure :? If I do it's yours for the price in Euros like I did the first time for all of them. [Might as well finish "losing my shirt" :wink: ]
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

A couple of weeks ago I lost my Rainbow Leek which had been my everywhere everyday carry since I got it.I looked everywhere I had been and when I had no luck I decided to get a replacement.I checked out UK prices and they came in at £93!I thought stuff that,I will check out 888 knives r us.They have them on there for £24.A slight difference in price.So as I got my first one from them I ordered a new one.I waited paitently for 2 weeks,still no joy!Then the other day,out of the blue,I bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen for some time.He said he was in town a while ago and was walking past my local pub when he saw something shining hooked under a chair outside.Upon closer examination he found it to be my Leek which had come out of my pocket and clipped itself upside down to the underside of the plastic garden chair!Realising the quality of the knife,his first thought was it must be one of mine!As for the 888 knife,thankfully I checked my my email inbox to find out exact day I ordered the new one before complaining only to find I never clicked the paypal button in the first place! :oops: Anyhow Mr.rapidboy,don't give up on it yet, as these things have a habit of turning up in the strangest of ways! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

the spotlight kid wrote:A couple of weeks ago I lost my Rainbow Leek which had been my everywhere everyday carry since I got it.I looked everywhere I had been and when I had no luck I decided to get a replacement.I checked out UK prices and they came in at £93!I thought stuff that,I will check out 888 knives r us.They have them on there for £24.A slight difference in price.So as I got my first one from them I ordered a new one.I waited paitently for 2 weeks,still no joy!Then the other day,out of the blue,I bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen for some time.He said he was in town a while ago and was walking past my local pub when he saw something shining hooked under a chair outside.Upon closer examination he found it to be my Leek which had come out of my pocket and clipped itself upside down to the underside of the plastic garden chair!Realising the quality of the knife,his first thought was it must be one of mine!As for the 888 knife,thankfully I checked my my email inbox to find out exact day I ordered the new one before complaining only to find I never clicked the paypal button in the first place! :oops: Anyhow Mr.rapidboy,don't give up on it yet, as these things have a habit of turning up in the strangest of ways! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
I'm used to this experience, my'65 Ford has a slit in the seat material that is the best "pickpocket" known to mankind. The first time it "lifted" a knife from me it was a Godfather :shock: I looked EVERYWHERE for it, only to find it the next day when I got in the car. It has happened many times since then, so now it's the first place I look :idea:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Hope ya find it rapidboy, because of the risk of loss and\or confiscation Ive built up a small collection of good cheap knives which I use as my EDC's, all in the 20$ range and of little intrinsic value...man, if I lost anything of more value I'd go nuts.
The exception being when I go looking for gold, I bring some of my better knives, ya dont run into many cops out there, hope ya find your knife rapidboy.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Thanks for the support guys.
Problem is i was working away for a couple of days and so I'd brought a few blades along to play with in my hotel room in the evenings (as you do!).
I lost my Outdoor7 in a building thats going to be completely gutted prior to refurbishment!!!
When i return to complete my work th job will have been completely cleaned out ,redecorated and carpeted.
I have left word with the girls who work in the offices but i think the chances of it turning up are real slim.
I live in hope.
Cheers
rapid