Outdoor 7"

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

:D
every blade on mine [except the saw] would shave right out of the box 8) but the big question is how similar is the Speedy Hunter ? Is it basically an Outdoor 7 with a button ? Anyone own both ?
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i will soon :D :wink:

i had my OD7 with me on camping holidays again last week, and it proved handy and dandy every vsingle day! takes the top off a drink box for my kid in a flash with no effort!
missaman

Post by missaman »

Did Ya Get one for Me???
No..... Don't bother asking your friends iffi'n they want one too....
Puckin' Bass Turd :twisted:
Missaman
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

ok - you asked for it....MISSY MAMMORIES... :P :P :P

mr_edge was kind enough to include me on a small purchase,
and once i sell a few more pints of blood,
i can pay him for it and it will be aaalllll miiiiinnneee :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hahahahahah!!! :P
missaman

Post by missaman »

Pucker 8) You almost made me order one from someone else.....
Beach :lol:
Missaman in da' hood
Please notice I used my formal name..
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

let me re-phrase that...

my one speedhunter will be all miiineee :twisted: :P :twisted: :P
better get one if ya can pal :D
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Vagrant had an Outdoor 7 in the back stock room I was lucky enough to get off him recently. They are indeed a very nice little knife...and razor sharp!! (still like my speed hunter design best though :wink: ) Thanx again Al.
magnum

Post by magnum »

Do they still make these knives i would like to have one for myself :D
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

SKM still carries them, check their site. Here's the link.

http://www.skm.to/bin/skm.cgi/pager/a/o ... 1622032196
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
magnum

Post by magnum »

Thanks Razor :D 8)
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Hi guys,
Saturday was a dedicated youth day for whitetail deer hunting here in Maryland. My son Willy shot a 9 point 142 pound buck, a 50 yard shot in open field and a clean kill. Rifle used was a .270 Browning A bolt with 130 grain Nosler Ballistic tip.
NOW, my reason for this prologue is that to field dress said deer we used the "Outdoor 7". It performed without fault. I was concerned as to the curved European style gutting blade performing as well as the American style gut hook. I feel it works just as well, 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other. The main blade was used for separating the internals from the carcass with ease. I did nick myself with the point once, about normal for me. I sharpened the main blade to 25 degrees with the Lansky system and finished with a strop. The gutting blade was sharpened to 30 degrees with the lansky, but not stropped to leave some tooth. Cleanup of the knife took some time as to the many nooks and crannys. Simple green, pipe cleaners, a garden hose and WD-40 brought the knife back to showroom sparkle. Skinning and caping was not done with this knife but with a fixed blade bullnose skinner. If I had not taken the time to check in the deer with DNR and the carcass was still warm, I could have skinned the deer with the Outdoor 7. However with the carcass and hide cold, you need a bigger knife and one with not so sharp of a blade. It's easy to cut through the hide or cut the meat when the skinning knife is too sharp or pointy.
In summary, I am well pleased with the knife, in short it is wonderful. I thank Mr. Vagrant (AL) for introducing me to it and getting it for me. Thank you the makers for producing a fine high quality knife for sportsman around the world.