The knifes of Corsica

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

Blood_drinker wrote:mrbigg -

If you look at Luke 21:1-2 you find the referance to the
usually applied two cents or two copper coins.......

with regards the use of @$$ instead of ass ; most forums
censor profanity ( as ass is applied here :roll: ) apparently
this isn't the case ; with regards the forum name that's purely
my choice, but I'm apparently not entitled to it, or my opinion,
as I often receive flak for just about anything I post. :roll:

And the use of respect or dis-respect seem rife in
cyber-space ; it's either from watching too many episodes of The
Soprano's
or The Godfather the way I see it. My saying is
if you want respect, be ready to behave respectable.

Blood_drinker :twisted:
well it clearly seems you know it all, so forgive me for politely asking you to lay off the bold type.... :roll:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Alright everybody cool your jets. Mr Bigg is correct but if the member now known as BD has eye problems then he can't be faulted for that. As far as his name it comes from some dungeons and dragons or whatever game and is harmless enough when not in boldBD if these are the cases then good luck given time you will fit right in. But we are as a whole not religous men here. There are exceptions but no one posts bible and god ref"s Just like I don't quote satan :roll: So that we consider your private terroritory and it's not something I encourage people to post. As far as your posts go I find them instructful. I am sure since Mr Bigg is on an whole other time zone he might not have seen the other posts. So you both cut each other some slack and get on with our pathetic little lives.
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Alright everybody cool your jets. Mr Bigg is correct but if the member now known as BD has eye problems then he can't be faulted for that. As far as his name it comes from some dungeons and dragons or whatever game and is harmless enough when not in boldBD if these are the cases then good luck given time you will fit right in. But we are as a whole not religous men here. There are exceptions but no one posts bible and god ref"s Just like I don't quote satan :roll: So that we consider your private terroritory and it's not something I encourage people to post. As far as your posts go I find them instructful. I am sure since Mr Bigg is on an whole other time zone he might not have seen the other posts. So you both cut each other some slack and get on with our pathetic little lives.
PB
Mr. PB,
You know I hate being wrong! Below is a statement from the Internet etiquette page about Capital letters meaning Yelling, not Bold. I wouldn't have told Bigg he was wrong if I didn't know better. I've been hanging around the internet long before you could see smiley faces and only DOS was the rule.

"Ettiquette"
Please adhere to the following standard Internet chat/debate etiquette guidelines.

Language:

Swearing is inappropriate and offensive to many people. Even if you need to vent your pain and feelings we encourage you not to swear. Remember that visitors are a cross section of ages and cultures and we ask you to consider others. We reserve the right to edit all swearing.

Typing in capital letters is considered yelling on the Internet and we request that you refrain from using capitals as much as possible.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

THANKS CLAUDESTER
THOSE ARE SOME GOOD MF'ING RULES. WE ALL APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT IN CLARIFYING THIS SITUATION. NOW WHERE IS TEQ'S FG?
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:THANKS CLAUDESTER
THOSE ARE SOME GOOD MF'ING RULES. WE ALL APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT IN CLARIFYING THIS SITUATION. NOW WHERE IS TEQ'S FG?
PB
Thanks PB,
I am so happy you appreciated those. Now back to business. Teq never brought this up but the 587 pounder, you know, the twin. Well she is titled to him. Teq forgot to say how drunk he got at his party and he signed the papers to own her. I had shipped her out a week ago and she was returned Friday. The freight clerk said they had found all kinds of chicken bones and feet in the box car and it stunk. after opening the box LuLu was in she started FARTING and wouldn't stop. That was Friday and shes out in my garage still FARTING. Now, I just put her on ebay to see what I can get for her being that she's good at massages, especially the one where she walks on your back. If I don't sell her by Wed. I'm putting her back in the box and she is headed for England and you know who lives over there, Right! TEDDY. He needs something like her and its the American thing to do. I hope hes got chickens, she loves chickens.
This broad is making me real tired.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Blood_drinker

Post by Blood_drinker »

Gang -

That quote from Luke is where the two cents worth came
from ; used only as I don't take credit for other people's idea's.
( or work )

Check out the thread Does anybody know what these are called?

I didn't take the word's of Vito Quatrocchi, I gave him the credit
for the history lesson - to not is plagiaristic & un-original :roll:

Some things are necessary evils, some things are more evil than necessary.

John Le Carre
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

BD
Stop trying to justify yourself. We don't care .Just join in. So what type of knives are you into?
PB
Blood_drinker

Post by Blood_drinker »

No justifucation, just facts.

Knives? Spyderco, Italian stilettoes, anything else that might
have historic content ; custom knives are appealing - but the
price(s) ( Like the Marzitelli series ; I had the CRK&T but that
was a no go ) are prohibitive for myself.

So I stick with semi-custom's like Spyderco.

John Le Carre
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

got any pics of your favorites?

i always thought of spyderco as production knives...i'm quite fond of them too...great value for the $
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

If its from a factory it's a factory knife. As in a rose by any other name is still a Rose. BD don't overlook Bob Dozier he has some fine customs in D-2 (his favorite for under $200. Send me a message there are a lot of custom makers that are still quite reasonable.
PB
Blood_drinker

Post by Blood_drinker »

Update -

Got the Corsican beauty yesterday. Nice piece'o work! :wink:

I had a Spanish navaja which this design harken's to...
it could even make the carraca ( rachet noise ) when
opened quickly. :twisted:

A nice piece of history, IMO. :wink:

John Le Carre