Value of knife?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JeffMcDonald

Value of knife?

Post by JeffMcDonald »

I worked at cutlery world back in 1989, and the company gave it's employes a knife for Christmas. The knife has a zytel handle and has a Christmas scene and some wording molded in the handle. The really unsual thing is that it has Parker stamped on one side of the tang and Case XX on the other side of the tang. I have never seen this on any other knife and this knife was only given to cutlery word employes and was never avaiable for purchase to the general public. My question is what is something like this worth?? Any insight would be great in this matter.

Thanks,
Jeff
jlm7078

Post by jlm7078 »

Sorry but please send any information to jlm7078@aol.com conserning the above post.

Thanks

Jeff
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have no idea but it is INTERESTING. I hope others can help more.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I have no idea, it seems to be a Case Custom made one.. very interesting. It's a Case XX which makes it select knife which are special made for companies and things like that, you may find this link helpful.

http://www.casesales.com/select/
jm7078

Post by jm7078 »

I actually got it out and looked at it when I got home the other day. One one tang is stamped "Christmas 89" and the other is stamped with Parker and CaseXX with what looks to be a bird seperating them. When I worked at Cutlery Word, it was owned by Parker Cutlery and 89 was the time when Parker bought Case or Case bought Parker (I don't really remember which) and that is why the Parker/CaseXX on the tang. Just a little more info. and thanks for the help so far.

Jeff
pepper

Post by pepper »

Very interesting thanks for sharing. :D