You might want to get one of these

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

You might want to get one of these

Post by Twobit »

Guys, this might sound like an infomercial, but I really just like to let friends know about a good deal on something that's been very helpful to me. If you have cutting tasks on a daily basis like I do you may want to grab one of these Kobalt folding utility knives. BO/BC, but not an automatic. I press the button, give a light flick, and let go of the button - locked open. Closing is just as easy. Button, flick, let off the button - locked closed. As often as I change blades I'd have a pocketknife blade worn to a sliver in the three years I've been carrying this. The blade change out procedure is preferable for me to any other I've seen. No releasing the blade by mistake when you press your thumb on the spine to add pressure to a tough cut. The release is a spring loaded lever pushed UP. It may be the best $13 I've ever spent.
Attachments
IMG_20240319_080715006.jpg
IMG_20240319_080715006.jpg (474.92 KiB) Viewed 463 times
IMG_20240319_080703469.jpg
IMG_20240319_080703469.jpg (354.93 KiB) Viewed 463 times
sammy the blade

Re: You might want to get one of these

Post by sammy the blade »

Cool! Have to be careful with those, sliced the shit out of my left hand with one once. 13 stitched and if it was an inch over I could have bled out. Wrapped a towel around it and duct taped it and headed to the emergency room. Insurance paid the bill, $1300 but it was on a Sunday so maybe the doctor was on double time. Live and learn.
2024 candidate for president
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

You're right, Sammy. You have to be careful, but really that goes for handling any blade. I keep my "users" pretty damn sharp.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wish I could get a knife as sharp as a utility blade, might be a good thing that I can't.
2024 candidate for president
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I can't do it either, Sammy. Of course I'm only taking the time to go from 400 grit to 1000. That gets them sharp enough to cut printer paper cleanly. That's good enough for me. I hardly use them anyway because I always have this thing with me. The only other one I use regularly is my Huusk kitchen knife for cutting meat and veggies. It sharpens up great on my kitchen steel.