Ever lost a knife?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sethmerrell

Ever lost a knife?

Post by sethmerrell »

I lost a 10 " blue swinguard. Slipped right out of the holster when I fell roller skating. What a pity.
sammy the blade

Re: Ever lost a knife?

Post by sammy the blade »

Bet you made someone happy when it was found!
2024 candidate for president
sethmerrell

Post by sethmerrell »

I hope so! It was a good one.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

The list is endless.

In school a teacher took one from me.
Came home from high school, Mum had hacksawed up a few, I found locktabs on my workbench.
My first little brown swirl snappy. . . .it's in a box lost in a closet with my missing Beatles bubblegum cards.
On railroad tracks throwing it bounced and fell down into bridge steelwork unretrievable.
At a concert, passed a lit bowl and an ackermansher to stir it (big bowl) empty bowl came back, not the knife.
At a picnic, left one on the table, some kids came for hamburgers, knife went missing.
Was building Auto Eye of the Needles at the shop, too noisy bike repairs, cops told us to quiet down, saw and took the knives.
Walking into an airport to pick up friend, tried to ditch it next to a garbage can, came back, was not there.
2 brothers, see my stuff, borrow and never return, I think 4 leverlettos, a 10inch 5mm picklock, a microtech clone.

Most recently, had to clean up house for the last Christmas, boxed and stashed stuff. Lost a Dominus Maltese.
I'm old and just forget where I put stuff.

At Fort Benning, lost my M16-A1 20 rd magazine at night, didn't turn it in.
I slapped it in, it did not lock. Must have run a mile before I noticed.
Did jumping jacks the whole next day.
legs felt like they were hit with ball bats.

Dropped a Nikon strobe flash overboard on the Ferry, saved the camera.

Most of the stuff I lose is lent to relatives and never returned.
My Blue Jeans Jacket with Aerosmith painted on the back.
My Stetson looking plastic Jackson Safety HardHat. (wore it home from Texas to Pittsburgh.)
My Fender Mustang electric guitar. . . heaven knows how many guitar cables I've lost.
My Browning Lever Action 22 rifle.

INKPENS . . . Asshat engineers walking past my drafting desk and pocketing tools like it's a hardware store.

Bags of weed or cans of raisins, the wife took them. . .well, maybe she exchanged stuff for trade. . .

The more I think, the longer the list.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

A 402 big block short block bored .30 over, 4 bolt mains, double timing chain and gears. 5/8th lift cam.
Disappeared right out of the shop. . . we shared our machine shop with a fork lift repair company.
LittleAugieMo

Post by LittleAugieMo »

My Benchmade..in 2020 lost it 6 times over a 8 monthe time span and found it back however tha last time it was in the drive next to the barn for almost 10 days before I found it. Carried it almost 20 yrs so I disassembled and cleaned it and put it up.
sammy the blade

Lost my mind many years ago, I like it better that way.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Does loosing them to the "State of...vs Yours Truly" qualify? :(
sammy the blade

daddyloko wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:27 pm Does loosing them to the "State of...vs Yours Truly" qualify? :(
I'd say it does. Are you on talkblade?
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

[quoteI'd say it does. Are you on talkblade?][/quote]

Yes. been reading old post
sammy the blade

daddyloko wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:53 pm [quoteI'd say it does. Are you on talkblade?]
Yes. been reading old post
[/quote]

Thought I posted that from another forum that apparently I wasn't on. Senior moment, again.
boots

Post by boots »

I had a cousin throw his brand-new Bowie into the back of an Armadillo just before it ran down its hole. My cousin dug for 3 days to get that knife back, sadly he realized the armadillo had a second exit. He never got his knife back; we laugh about it to this day.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I know it's an old thread but just had to tell this one. My first switchblade was a NATO Military OTF from THE EDGE CO. Came in kit form and my dad helped me brad the pins. I was 15. At 16 I got searched by my school principal and he confiscated it and handed me a 10 day suspension.