Hubertus question

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blackjack

Hubertus question

Post by blackjack »

Hubertus makes something called a 'Large Slimline Hunter', I have a couple of questions about it and I'm hoping someone knows the answers. First of all, does anyone know how long they have been in production, and secondly, does anyone know if they've ever made a left handed version of this knife. Anyone?
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Hubertus question

Post by Vagrant »

blackjack wrote:Hubertus makes something called a 'Large Slimline Hunter', I have a couple of questions about it and I'm hoping someone knows the answers. First of all, does anyone know how long they have been in production, and secondly, does anyone know if they've ever made a left handed version of this knife. Anyone?
blackjack
No idea how long they've been made.
Lefty versions have been made BUT if you use your index finger you can open the righthanded one MUCH faster than a righty. If I was righthanded [I'm not] I'd get a lefthanded version and use my index finger. I think leverlocks in general are like toll booths a chance for us to giggle a little at righthanded people trying to deal with something that was not well designed for them :D For a lefty a lefthanded Hubie would be slow and clumsy compared to the regular one :!: I've "raced" righties many times [to see who can get the knife open from a closed fist, lever in "safe" position] I have NEVER been beaten and usually "eat their lunch" to an embarrassing degree.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

I have an advertising piece from Hubertus showing the large slimline. The phone #'s shown on the sheet for Hubertus are listed as being in West Germany. This puts those blades into the late 80's and they may go back further than that.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

Anyone foolish enough to engage in a leverlock opening contest of speed with you deserves to be embarrassed.

Jim
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thanks for the help guys. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to ID a knife I saw in one of those 'Pink Panther' movies, definitely a left hander. Driving me a little crazy actually.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jim d, wrote:Vagrant,

Anyone foolish enough to engage in a leverlock opening contest of speed with you deserves to be embarrassed.

Jim
The whole secret is to just open the knife, let the other guy try to race as fast as he can. The old saying "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get"! is a perfect description of how to do things wrong. At the flea, I've had quite a few lefties ask about left handed Leverlocks. After showing them how to work one they agree that a standard one is ideal. [One rightie asked if I could get a left handed one for him after seeing how fast his leftie friend worked a right handed one!]
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Ive got another 'hubie' question, does anybody own one of there 'Guardians'? Ive only found them on one site and they cost $150. Not cheap! Are they a good tough workable knife? Any opinions, experiences, insight or info would be appreciated greatly.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

blackjack wrote:Ive got another 'hubie' question, does anybody own one of there 'Guardians'? Ive only found them on one site and they cost $150. Not cheap! Are they a good tough workable knife? Any opinions, experiences, insight or info would be appreciated greatly.
blackjack
I've had 2 . Mine "Hoovers" the one I sold was quite nice :? If you could "bat 500" in baseball you could name your salary :idea: If only 50% of your knives are good, you have a problem :!: Others have a much higher opinion of them than I do. So maybe "it's just me".