Has anybody ever owned...

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blackjack

Has anybody ever owned...

Post by blackjack »

Has anyone ever owned, operated or otherwise had a chance to test or examine any of the following knives, the 'Wilson Combat Series Elite Auto BT', 'Dalton Companion', or the 'Dalton Assasin'. Any possible comparisions between the 'Combat Series Elite' and the 'Companion' would be appreciated greatly and anything anyone can tell me about the 'Assasin' would also be most helpful.
Can you tell Ive got a tax refund coming, Im deciding now how its going to be spent :roll:
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'm sure someone mentioned the Assasin, the advice was be CAREFUL closing a double-edge side-opener :idea: :!:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Thats smart a double edge side opener. Does the blade sink below the scales closed? Even in a sheath it sounds like a accident waiting to happen. I carry custom hideaways that are doubledged at times but they are fixed. I do remember but can't recall the maker who about 10 years ago made a doubledged F & S folder auto.This was right before Gerber came out with their stupid ass knife that you couldn't get without serrations :evil: Anyway the custom had room to push closed that wasn't sharpened and the blade sunk way into the scales. It even made the cover of BLADE if I recall.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Pushbutton wrote:Thats smart a double edge side opener. Does the blade sink below the scales closed? Even in a sheath it sounds like a accident waiting to happen. I carry custom hideaways that are doubledged at times but they are fixed. I do remember but can't recall the maker who about 10 years ago made a doubledged F & S folder auto.This was right before Gerber came out with their stupid ass knife that you couldn't get without serrations :evil: Anyway the custom had room to push closed that wasn't sharpened and the blade sunk way into the scales. It even made the cover of BLADE if I recall.
PB
Blade sits well below the handle, but to close you carefully use the tang.
[If my memory is working. I'm sure we had a post on this somewhere].
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

blackjack,

I have a Companion and like it a lot. Do a search for reviews. there are a few about the Companion.

Jim
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
Thats well and good if the blades sit into a custom housing so accidents don't happen. But I'll bet alot of people/kids who bot bayos on line regardless of mfg have sharpened the top false edge's without even giving it a thought.I'm sure no one here ever did it :P
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Pushbutton wrote:Al
Thats well and good if the blades sit into a custom housing so accidents don't happen. But I'll bet alot of people/kids who bot bayos on line regardless of mfg have sharpened the top false edge's without even giving it a thought.I'm sure no one here ever did it :P
PB
NO BET :!:
Far too many people have asked if I could sharpen the false edge for them. I always explain very carefully so I don't offend them. Never offend the ignorant. They usually understand once I explain. If they do it themselves after hearing why they shouldn't, they're dumber than a doorknob. Ignorance is cured by information, Dumb is incurable.
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Mr. BlackJack-
I have an assassin and a companion, but dont have a ryan/wilson.
The companion is a great edc w/ a liner lock, good size, great looks, and good snap.. Its a dalton, and imo, that means quality. You can get them now for about 130-150 if your cheap like me :wink:
I know that "huskercop" on ba sells the elite for about 120 on ba, but I havent used him.

The assassin is D/E, HUGE, great looks, and has a superior THUNK like snap. I dont think it would make a good edc for its size, but I do think it would make a good self defense knife. Heck, I think thats what that one was made for. Its also a button lock instead of a liner lock.
The price for an assassin is gonna be 200 less you find a really good deal.

If you have 200, I would get the assassin. Its a unique piece as its d/e and SO friggin big. You will be able to find companions and elites around but the assassin is being collected pretty heavily.
hope that helps.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I'l have to find a way to get all three, but it looks like I'l have to start with the Assassin. Thank again guys.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'