Toys for (bad) boys

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rapidboy1

Toys for (bad) boys

Post by rapidboy1 »

Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Wow some of those teeny box cutters and coin knives are pretty scarey :shock: Thanks fpr posting very educational.
PB
georgeg3

Post by georgeg3 »

Look at the photos of the cane swords - the guy holding them has a knife in his pocket.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i think i'll look for a nice carbon fiber knife :lol:

looks like they covered just as much as you can on pushdaggers :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Shuckra is a Russina design, originally used as a cleaning rod for rifles [got one in that style], the card knife that said Microtech on the blade is listed as Manufacture - UNKNOWN. And we're paying these guys salary :?: :?: :?: :?: While nothing is harmless, some of these are so poorly made or small that you could "take the hit" and strangle the bastard if he used it on you. They didn't even show "the executive ice scraper", [one left] which could really ruin someones day, about 20 stiches per hit :!: [or I missed it].
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

all that hard work they are doing must make you feel very safe in the "homeland" :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

mrbigg wrote:all that hard work they are doing must make you feel very safe in the "homeland" :roll:
Everyone on this forum could tell them who made the Microtech card knife, but with all the taxes I pay the F.B.I. [Fu*kin Bunch of Idiots] hasn't got a clue :?: :?: Damn I feel safe with them protecting me :!: [Glad I own enough guns to hold off a small army].
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Does anyone know what the Bowen Belt Knife is like "in the flesh"...........
You know what i mean ,quality product or monkey metal?
It reminds me of the Blackie Collins Survivor Belt
I saw a picture of that many years ago but I could never track down an original.
I think the Collins knife appeared around 1972.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I realise I'm getting old when I go to buy something and find out they haven't made them in 20-30 years.
Doc Rocket

Post by Doc Rocket »

Thanks for the posting, lots of great toys. I actually have one of those Tuche' belt buckle knives. Got it from the wife for xmas about 25 years ago. Nice to have someone understiand your passions. [/i]
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

The Bowen was made of quality steel, and would take a helluva edge.
The single edge pattern was the best and most practical type,IMHO, as it could be used for many knife tasks,and the double ground pattern would not get quite as sharp.
I made many belts for the Bowen knife, and came up with a small improvement.
And the single edge was just as dangerous as the double grind,which was only sharp on one side.
Life has no value, but death has it's price
Doc Rocket

Post by Doc Rocket »

Mors Profundus wrote:The Bowen was made of quality steel, and would take a helluva edge.
The single edge pattern was the best and most practical type,IMHO, as it could be used for many knife tasks,and the double ground pattern would not get quite as sharp.
I made many belts for the Bowen knife, and came up with a small improvement.
And the single edge was just as dangerous as the double grind,which was only sharp on one side.
That's interesting, The quality of mine is quite high and it looks good too, it's the single edged model. If I get a chance I'll post a picture of it tonight.
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
bandito

Post by bandito »

mrbigg
"think i'll look for a nice carbon fiber knife"

Think its a "Letter Opener" not a knfe, LMAO. Blackie Collins Special. Works real good and yes it can be sharpened...... Collins also has a CIA spike and an ice scraper....

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=725386

adios
bandito
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Vagrant wrote:
mrbigg wrote:all that hard work they are doing must make you feel very safe in the "homeland" :roll:
Everyone on this forum could tell them who made the Microtech card knife, but with all the taxes I pay the F.B.I. [Fu*kin Bunch of Idiots] hasn't got a clue :?: :?: Damn I feel safe with them protecting me :!: [Glad I own enough guns to hold off a small army].
I've seen this pdf file before, and I said the exact same thing!

(expect the gun ownership part)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

bandito wrote:mrbigg
"think i'll look for a nice carbon fiber knife"

Think its a "Letter Opener" not a knfe, LMAO. Blackie Collins Special. Works real good and yes it can be sharpened...... Collins also has a CIA spike and an ice scraper....

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=725386

adios
bandito
The spring on this WILL trip a metal detector, [also show up on an x-ray].
It is not totally undetectable anyone who thinks it is may end up needing a bail bondsman. With an x-ray a LOT depends on the settings, and the operator. I used to do field service on them and I could shoot a dime and have "heads" AND "tails" showing on one pic, one was superimposed over the other.