Lanski knife sharpening system

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Sam Hotton wrote:Good evening Mr. Vagrant,
Perhaps to say "Sharper than a fresh flaked piece of Obsidian" is a technical exaggeration, and in no way is the edge at even 17 degrees sharper than my fathers straight razor. But it feels as sharp as a Brandon Black floor flint as knapped in Suffolk England and we both know that a Brandon Black is as homogenous and vitrified as a French Amber though not as well as Obsidian.
In any case, it's sharp enough I wouldn't want to touch it carelessly.

Regards,
Sam
But it really get's the idea across. [Regrinding a chipped straight razor without drawing the temper or chipping it more is interesting].
missaman

Post by missaman »

Well I purchased one tonight, I went to the local outdoors store and picked up the basic model for 28.00 I was really suprised how much steel i had to remove to get the correct edge. My new R.W.Whitley hunting knife is good to go. Just for fun I did a shursnap bowtie auto and was suprised how close the existing edge was to 25 degrees It sharpened up fast. cool setup
Missaman