Where can I get a spring for this?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JamesIowaboy

Where can I get a spring for this?

Post by JamesIowaboy »

I bought this knife at a flea market for $5. I have no idea of its worth. I want to fix it. Where can I get a spring for it? And what size are the rivets? The knife is approx. 7 3/4 inches long.
Attachments
1531005350958194085220.jpg
1531005350958194085220.jpg (1010.4 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
mykniveSSuck82

Re: Where can I get a spring for this?

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

I have a couple of springs that might fit it... one from a newer cheap Chinese model and a couple other from AKC’s models if anyone knows what would fit it I’d be willing to send it to you. I am new to this site and don’t fully understand all the rules but... switchbladekits.com might have what you are looking for. Hope that won’t get me into trouble. I’ll post some pictures of the springs I have in a bit.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Chinese spring on right and AKC on left.

Whoops now AKC is on right for last 2 pictures

john

Post by john »

Please post a few additional photos your knife may have a one piece spring. Try to shoot the channel. It may possible to modify the existing spring and slip in an other spring. If not you’ll needs one piece spring. The replacement spring may need to be made from scratch. You’ll need to remove tend bottom bolster pin and the middle spring pin. You shouldn’t need to remove the stag scales. What is the stamp on the knife?

I’m guessing the brass pins are 1.8 to 2 mm. Check eBay, Amazon, Jantz, or google search for them.

There are members here who can do the work for you.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed