Hogue OTF

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

Hogue OTF

Post by wazu013 »

I just sprung for one of these. I should have it next week. Anybody have one and what do you think of it?
Last edited by wazu013 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
gravknife

Re: Hogue OTF

Post by gravknife »

I Have not seen these before Wazu.

Where are these made ,and was it expensive if you don't mind me asking.

I really like the looks of it ...a bit lightningesque but that's a good thing and I really like the clippoint blade.The handle material looks great too.

Looks like a great all round otf.
Please let et us all know what its like when you get it and thanks for sharing it.

Hope your well

gravknife
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

They list for $297 at BladeHQ and places like that. I got mine on Gunbroker for $255. They're designed by Allen Elishewitz and made in America by Hogue. The blade steel is CPM154. Here's a link to their website. They sell their own line of pistol grips and holsters plus other accessories.
https://www.hogueinc.com/products
It's like a Lightning OTF on steroids. For a few bucks more you can get them with G10 handles.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great otf wazu013

I really like them both .
Look forward to hearing your take on these when it arrives...nothing better than waiting for and receiving a cool knife like that.
Congrats mate.

Ian
john

Post by john »

gravknife wrote:I Have not seen these before Wazu.

I really like the looks of it ...a bit lightningesque but that's a good thing and I really like the clippoint blade.The handle material looks great too.

Looks like a great all round otf.
Please let et us all know what its like when you get it and thanks for sharing it.

Hope your well

gravknife
What Ian said!!!!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

FedEx just dropped the knife off. I have to say it's a beauty. It's definitely a quality USA made product. The blade is a hair shaver. If you look close you can see it's sharpened to a mirror finish. I can't say there's no blade play but I can say it's the tightest lock up I've ever seen in a OTF. No side to side movement and just a fractional bit of up and down play. The anodized handle has a real grippy feel besides being well done. The pocket clip is nice and tight. It's not just screwed to the body. They milled a cutout so the clip mount can inset, nice touch.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Thanks for the write up wazu013

It's nice to see the US with some great Otf manufacturers Microtech ,Benchmade,paladin,DW to name a few and now Hogue a new one to me .Creates a competition of excellence and new design.

It looks a really nice sturdy user otf with a cool scale design and nice blade shape .
Add that CPM154 steel and you have a classic in the making .

Congratulations on it nd now I would like one too.

btw love that carry pouch aswell.

Great knife

Ian
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I like the looks.