Could someone help me....

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stonesoldtim

Could someone help me....

Post by stonesoldtim »

I just joined and the forum looks nice and quite informative.

I have been collecting John Primble knives for a little while and
have acquired dozens. I am really curious about on e that I bought earlier last year. I had been told that it was made in 1930 (looks old enough)
to celebrate the 100th anniverary of the statehood of Texas. The knife looks like a Texas flag...kinda.

Does anyone know if this is so...it is marked John primble clearly on the tang and I gave $130.00 for it which is fine either way.
Thanks if anyone can help.

I would post a photo but not quite sure how to yet. I will email a photo to anyone with an ideal. My email address is:
tabeck@wk.net
I collect mostly John Primble knives.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Stonesoldtim
Might be someone here who can answer your question. The thing is this ia a forum for Switchblade Collectors mostly Italian Switches not really old pocket knives. Unless your Primble has a spring. I know that Bladeforums.com and Knifeforums.com have specific forums for slipjoint collectors.You might try their. But your more then welecome to hang around you must have aquired some spring steel over the years.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Sorry I can't help but someone here MAY know the answer.
We certainly WELCOME you and encourage you to hang around here all you want. [Sooner or later someone may know more or at least know where to find the answer.]