Factory File Work?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeffinn

Factory File Work?

Post by Jeffinn »

Hi All!
I just saw a post for a few Frank B Stilettos with factory file work. Can someone tell me what factory file work means? I'd like to find a nice, reasonably priced 9" Frank B but some of the terminology in the posts is throwing me off.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Jeff
Roseville, MI.
JulesVane

Re: Factory File Work?

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Jeff, and welcome! Here are my only 3 examples of Frank Bs with factory filework. The backspring and back of blade are the areas filed creating an appealing, decorative touch. Some members here have much more custom filework done to theirs that you will find as you search older posts. The Mods. may decide to move this thread to a more suitable forum than this "buy & sell" one. Again...welcome.

Last edited by JulesVane on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Jeffinn

Re: Factory File Work?

Post by Jeffinn »

Thanks Jules!
Very cool. Thank you for taking the time to post the picture, that really helps! And yes, if any of the mods think this needs to be moved please do so and accept my apologies for posting in the wrong area.