Knife ID help

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
antihero1938

Knife ID help

Post by antihero1938 »

I have had this Knife for longer than i can remember. I had it stored away for a while and basically forgot about it. i happened upon it yesterday and I would really like to know more about it. I always though it was homemade blade and never really looked into any further. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

sammy the blade

Re: Knife ID help

Post by sammy the blade »

Never saw one before but I bet it's a rare one, couldn't help myself.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

anithero1938
That's an old looking knife and looks to have some quality to it.
I havn't come across that blade stamp before but i will take a look around.
It looks handmade and could be unique.

Thanks for sharing it.
All the best

Ian
antihero1938

Post by antihero1938 »

Thanks for the input guys. when i first saw this knife i decided that it was kitchen knife(granted i was a lot younger then) but the more i look at it the more I think its an old field knife. Its pretty heavy for its size, it has a pretty think spine and tang. What do you think.....old field knife?
Greek stiletto

Post by Greek stiletto »

Hi folks my opinion is about a nice handmade heavy kitchen knife from black steel so you have to keep it with a thin film of oil.
I can see that is a holowgrund so it can be sharpened to a razorsharp and the handle seems a bit slim for outdoors...
So 80percent of a kitchen knife...hope this help my friend
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i don't think this a homemade blade, by looking at the finger guard i'd say it was someone who new what they were doing, also i'd saw it is an outdoors knife and is just the rite size for a neck knife.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"