Any suggestions for a "perfect" boot knife...

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Any suggestions for a "perfect" boot knife...

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

That doesn't require wearing boots? (I never wear boots and need to strap this to my calf I'll be using elastic with Velcro to use for my Schrade/Taylor 162OT for concealment purposes).

Any other suggestions for a "better" Boot Knife? (Discretion is the watchword and durability is key).
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: Any suggestions for a "perfect" boot knife...

Post by sammy the blade »

Don't know much about boot knives but like a pistol, if I needed it quick I wouldn't want it to be around my ankle.
2024 candidate for president
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i would consider a lite wieght push dagger and one of those elastic ankle supports to put it in.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

Would I be better off by carrying my 162OT inverted to access it more readily? (The steel snap seems right enough to keep it in place).
Fishtail Picklock
betover

Post by betover »

I'd use a stainless steel Mora knife. They are very sharp & won't rust & only weigh a few ounces. If that's not enough they are cheap ($10=$20). They don't look cool or dangerous but the Swedes have used them in their military for decades. All in all a very useful knife & it's so light you'll forget you have it. I think if you carry a Buck 110, much less a Bowie knife in your boot, your going to feel it after a few days, if not hours. It's the difference between iron horse shoes & aluminum. Just my 2$
Fishtail Picklock

I just ordered the Secret Edge by Cold Steel (I found it on "flea-bay" for $10.99 including shipping). Having it "drop-shipped" from China makes a great deal of sense. This is so light that I can use an "Ace" bandage to hold it on my forearm if desired.

When it comes to a knife such as this, the lighter, the better.
Fishtail Picklock