Bought bad knife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Bought bad knife

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The fulcrum is actually too far forward on that knife. It should have been replaced. I can possibly make it work properly with some modification.
Read the thread "5mm Swing guard" under "Switchblade Knives."
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Patrick1220

Post by Patrick1220 »

Thank you AKA Sammy da Blade, for your post. Also thank you for the invitation too, I look forward to joining a fine group of collectors such as yourselves. Patrick1220
Patrick1220

Post by Patrick1220 »

Dear Mr Shivs I just sent to you my injured swing guard Hubertus to look at and hopefully fix. Will you please let me know when you receive it, as well as what you think you can or cannot do to remedy my knife? Also how much it will cost me too please. It went out to you on the 20th
Patrick1220
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Patrick,
Please contact me directly at mickeybeep@aol.com about specific repairs, rather than on the forums.
I have not received your swing guard picture.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.