Auto. Buck110 look alike.

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
oregon

Re: Auto. Buck110 look alike.

Post by oregon »

I looked at the video several times, stopping/pausing when the reverse side of the blade was showing, and I am not certain that the sear hole does go clear thru the blade now. I was certain that you were spot on and I had agreed with you but now, well, humor me and take a gander at the back side of the blade and see if you can see the hole please. I was sure that I was seeing background showing thru the sear hole before...

It would have been good for me to have had the 110 automatic put together with screws instead of pins. I wonder if there are screws inside, hidden, holding the impacted parts together. I like to be able to service my automatics without the need for a great deal of skill or expensive and difficult to obtain tools. Shipping autos for repair is problematic. I hope to acquire examples this year and if I do before the OKCA annual meet in April I will take one to Leroy Remer and see what he knows about the guts/internals. I wonder if our good friends, Vallottons, in Southern Oregon had a collaborative hand in this knife's design? They should be there as well and may have something to say about the design/function.
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

I want one !! I talked to a girl from buck she said they will be out in April
Stagnut
oregon

Post by oregon »

Good work stagnut. Thank you.

A very short video of the 110 auto in action and I don't see the sear hole going all the way thru the blade. I humbly assert that it does not pierce the blade. Take a gander when the handler shows the back side of the blade. I do not see the hole. Do you? https://www.instagram.com/p/BPaAFTAhYAq ... buckknives Taken from Buck's instagram page.
oregon

Post by oregon »

oregon

Post by oregon »

Yet another video of 110 auto, two guys working it: https://www.facebook.com/ajax/timeline/ ... _source=22
oregon

Post by oregon »

You see the sheath for the 110 auto, thank you Bob, in this video: https://www.facebook.com/ajax/timeline/ ... _source=22
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

The last 2 links just go to blank page ?
Stagnut
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

The sear hole doesnt go all the way through. Why should it make a difference ? It does look larger than the usual 1/8th sear hole.
Stagnut
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

I do think its coil fired and not a leaf spring.. The tang isnt ground flat to make room for the leaf spring against the back spring.
Stagnut
oregon

Post by oregon »

STAGNUT wrote:The last 2 links just go to blank page ?
One way to go: Go to Buck's home page, drop down to bottom right of that page and click on facebook link and look for imbedded pics and videos of the new 110 auto that are on top of Facebook content.

Buck Knives, Inc. page:
http://www.buckknives.com

Buck's facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Buckknives

1. Video, Bob demos auto, shows sheath, scroll down to Jan 10 video, two guys, blue shirt is bob, white shirt ? Click on arrow to run video.

2. Video, 2 guys working it, scroll down to Jan 19 video, two guys standing, click on arrow to run video.
Last edited by oregon on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
oregon

Post by oregon »

STAGNUT wrote:The sear hole doesnt go all the way through. Why should it make a difference ? It does look larger than the usual 1/8th sear hole.
A hole in the blade at the tang weakens the knife enabling it to break under extreme stress. I don't like any cutouts in user blades no matter how extremely unlikely breakage might be.
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

I dont think it would break at the sear hole even under stress,
Its the strongest part of the blade.
its more likely to break above the tang dont you think ?
Have you had a knife break at the tang before because the sear went all the way through ?
Thank you for the links :-)
Stagnut
oregon

Post by oregon »

I've never owned such an auto. One with a fully drilled sear. I wouldn't use a knife is such a manner anyway, prying that is. It was just a thought. The idea of a hole thru the blade of a knife puts me off a bit. A marginal issue really.

My pleasure. I am not on facebook but I enjoy it when I find some good stuff on it. Hard to ignore these days. I like the stock for sure (near its all time high).

Fun for me that Buck doesn't just dwell in the past like a senile old man. Wait, I resemble that remark! :)
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

With the switchblade laws changing all the time now, I guess they got tired of everyone making money from converting their knives. I have around 10 bucks 110 and 112's leaf and coil autos converted by me or someone else, but ill buy one of theirs for sure
Looking at the video an pics im almost 100% sure its a coil spring fired knife. I would like a leaf better, if the coil breaks its a lot harder to fix than a leaf fired one.
But either way if you did it yourself it would void the warranty.
All lever locks have 2 sear holes that go all the way through the blade, And some of the Old picklocks have a sear going through the blade, so a sear going all the way through shouldnt be an issue on any knife but Im not always right just ask the wife
Stagnut