What kind of blade?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Hombre

What kind of blade?

Post by Hombre »

Got this one too.... Have no idéa what it is.... What do you guys think about this one.... Any information at all would be much appreciated.

/Stefan
gravknife

Re: What kind of blade?

Post by gravknife »

Hombre
This is a D Day fighting knife made for troops landing in Normandy by the allied forces.
It's a French lebel bayonet blade welded to a knurled steel ringed grip.
The scabbard is from a british Smle no4 bayonet utilised to take the lebel blade.These are a nifty piece of close quarter fighting equipment .
I'll try and find out more about them for you .I have a ww2 spike bayonet MK-2 from web and I think your knife is great.
Hope your well
Ian
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Hombre
I may have jumped in a little to quick with this information
Some say these are fantasy knives made in the 70s 80 s .They are based on a fighting knife used in Normandy .The real deal was made from a british MK 1 spike bayonet with a heavy turned steel handle and these were made later trying to copy the original( which is ultra rare) from the lebel cruciform bayonet .
It is a NO4 spike bayonet sheath and lebel bayonet blade ,braced to a steel handle but they were a copy of something theatre made by a British soldier.
Still a cool knife mate but not used in ww2
Sorry mate for jumping in quick and misinforming you . I'd seen these described as fighting knives from D Day somewhere on the web but i just had a look further on the internet and saw a discussion on them ,with the above information.

Ian
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Thank you very much for the information, Ian. Very much appreciated.
I just got it for free and didn´t know anything about it so....

/Stefan