does anyone know which knife is this?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
darksoul

does anyone know which knife is this?

Post by darksoul »

:?: i got this knife from my grandpa and i'm kinda curious 'what' this knife is (brand, model, ...) if anyone knows please reply thx
Attachments
CAM00594[1].jpg
CAM00594[1].jpg (389.52 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
CAM00593[1].jpg
CAM00593[1].jpg (389.71 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
Last edited by darksoul on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: does anyone know which knife is this?

Post by natcherly »

It might help if you could take and post clearer pictures. They are so blurry/out of focus that it is impossible to make out the gold stamp on the leather scabbard. As there are apparently no marks on the knife, that is the only clue.
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

natcherly wrote:It might help if you could take and post clearer pictures. They are so blurry/out of focus that it is impossible to make out the gold stamp on the leather scabbard. As there are apparently no marks on the knife, that is the only clue.
sorry... i replaced the pics... better?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Better but the only Victory knife I can find is in New Zealand. Could that be the one? The Registered Trademark symbol ® is pretty much international, but can't be sure it applies to NZ. In any case, if it is from there, it must be old as the current models are quite different from yours. Good luck!
darksoul

Post by darksoul »

natcherly wrote:Better but the only Victory knife I can find is in New Zealand. Could that be the one? The Registered Trademark symbol ® is pretty much international, but can't be sure it applies to NZ. In any case, if it is from there, it must be old as the current models are quite different from yours. Good luck!
no i think that it's german (i live close to germany) and i've seen some similar german antique bowie knives... but thanks anyway :)
novice

Post by novice »

It is German, check out the pommel & guard -

http://api.ning.com/files/to50592nIFjec ... nscout.jpg

Once in awhile they show up on ebay with the upswept blade like yours has.