S&W Extreme Ops

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

S&W Extreme Ops

Post by BennytheBlade »

Anybody get one of these? I know Omega has some and Ive seen a few others elsewhere but I was wondering about peoples impressions.
My understanding is that they are decent knives w/ 440c blades.
If anyone has one and can give a few impressions, Id appreciate it.
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

they are made in the good old Republic of China! probably a good knife. i will not knowingly buy any product made in China for an American company. i lost a good job at RCA for just that reason. my tv went out three weeks ago, guess what brand i didn't buy!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

If you notice the S & W and Rugers and others I can't think of at the moment are identical in some cases. At one time Taylor Cutlery imported S & W then there was the boycott so when they weren't popular they would bring out another batch with other markings. I have heard many on here say good things about them though. I haven't a clue as to the materials used on them so I have never seen the quality close up. If I'm at a knife show I'm thinking and looking for a hell of a lot of other goodies then one of them. 8)
PB
Jay

Post by Jay »

They seem to be good quality. And they come with the usual lifetime warranty.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have seen clones with the S&W blade etch and even the S&W box. One customer showed me his "S&W" [thumb opener] and said I should be careful buying these because someone was copying them. It's one of the very few times in my life that I kept my damn mouth shut. He paid for a clone thumb opener double what I would have charged him for a real auto. This one wasn't even a good knife it felt like crap but it flicked easy so he was thrilled.
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

I got one of these for use at work and it is a good knife, well made with a solid feel,opens easily with a flick of the wrist if you are so inclined, and for the price it is a great deal, Im getting another to put away I like it that much. Im not sure if this is the knife you are referring to or not.
Jagman

http://www.bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa ... ber=715852
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Benny, I forgot ot mention that on the box it came in it says"Taylor Cutlery/ made in P.R.C. official licensee of Smith & Wesson corp."
There are no markings on the knife itself that say PRC.
I want an auto version too, if it is available.
Jagman
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Yep Jagman... thats one of the ones Ive been looking at.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
fulloflead

Post by fulloflead »

I think it's a good rule of thumb not to buy a knife made by a gun company or with a gun company logo.

There may be some execeptions. For example: old Winchester, Remington slipjoints, etc.
---
Build a man a fire;
keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire;
keep him warm for
the rest of his life.
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

I am impressed with the quality of these Smith & Wesson knives fot the price, also love the auto swat and mini-swat, my colt m16 is ok too, although it was a good job they include the tools to adjust it, after fiddling a little it fires hard with a great sound and locks up good. Another plus is when you pull out a name like S&W,Colt, Remington,Uzi, ect there is an additional Wow factor as everyone has heard of these companies.
Jagman
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"If you notice the S & W and Rugers and others I"
ALL the Rugers I've seen are the "Ruger All Weather" made for Ruger by Paragon. No longer produced.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Full of lead
None of the gun companies unless it was at the turn of the century(iffy) ever made knives. Schrade,Case and Camilius to name a few made Remmingtins and Winchesters.They were damn good folders to. All the new ones like S & W ,Ruger,Colt are all made by the people we used to use the guns against.
PB
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

PB you are 100% correct about that!!! knives and most eveything else.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

sammy da blade wrote:PB you are 100% correct about that!!! knives and most eveything else.
I'm still wondering about the Rugers. The ONLY Ruger knives I've seen are the "All Weather". What else is out there??? [so I can avoid it]
fulloflead

Post by fulloflead »

Pushbutton wrote:Full of lead
None of the gun companies unless it was at the turn of the century(iffy) ever made knives. Schrade,Case and Camilius to name a few made Remmingtins and Winchesters.They were damn good folders to. All the new ones like S & W ,Ruger,Colt are all made by the people we used to use the guns against.
PB
That's why I said "or with a gun company logo". The Remingtons and Winchesters are exceptions I'm told.
---
Build a man a fire;
keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire;
keep him warm for
the rest of his life.