cold steel spike

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Roshark

cold steel spike

Post by Roshark »

so i bought a cold steel tokyo spike and i loved it. alot of people said that these are just shanks/shivs
and i have to disagree and agree. it is a shank in a sense because it can pretty much only stab. the
blade dulled extremely fast surprisingly for their fancy 420 steel. i didnt really notice this till something
bad happened. i dropped the knife on carpet and i thought it would be okay. i picked it up to find the tip had
chipped. i was destroyed. i mean it is only a 25$ knife, but for a full slab of metal to chip so easily, i was
disappointed. i thought to myself, hey it can still be a good slasher, but i guess not. it couldnt even glide through
paper like it used to.ive had it for about a month. the blade wore down simply from pulling it in and out of the sheath.
i didnt really use it much either. overall if you are careful with this its well worth the 25$ because for a defense knife,
its great 4 inches, thin and very pointy(was very pointy). but overall i would give this a 2.5 out of 5.
dark2023

Re: cold steel spike

Post by dark2023 »

Thanks for the review, I've been looking hard at that knife. I think I shall rethink that now. Thanks
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
carvingknives

Re: cold steel spike

Post by carvingknives »

thanks for the review roshark. and i wonder how can the blade can dulled very fast ??