www.roadsideimports.com

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kalcormx

www.roadsideimports.com

Post by kalcormx »

I am new to this site but am happy to respond to any questions regarding my post as I have been quite impressed. I recently discovered www.roadsideimports.com and would like to give everyone a quick impression of what I have found. I have purchased 3 things through international mail so far and each time I have been pleased with the outcome. The items are as described and the photos on the website do them justice. Prices are very competitive and the service and confidence more that pays for any difference between the cheapest online providers. I highly recommend trying these guys if you want honest quality products.
dark2023

Re: www.roadsideimports.com

Post by dark2023 »

Yes, and I like that he will tell you if you are buying crap. I also sometimes use bladeplay, they are a bit cheaper, especially if you are buying only a few things.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

JB at roadsideimports is one of my best suppliers. The guy is a straightshooter and he stands by his merchandise. He's the only one I will use for overseas deliveries to my customers.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

First posts promoting websites always make me mos' suspiciousness...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Maybe, but I REALLY doubt Mr.JB has the time, to make a fake account just to poorly promote his website on our forum.

(a good website promotion job would have hit on bigger and more important points about the business like that they ship overseas, or that they are willing to make all knives into kits for home assembly.)

also, when I said
Yes, and I like that he will tell you if you are buying crap.
I meant I like that he has some lower quality knives, and he'll be the first to tell you in their description, or over the phone, that they are low quality and that they are throwaway knives.
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... atid/63992

That link right there ^^^ is bulging with harsh honesty, something you don't see from a lot of online sellers today. Most people are about the money, they dont care if they rip you off.

(not implying that it's all low quality, just SOME knives (and their blatantly stated as such, no false advertising here, no diamond coated bullshit))
Last edited by dark2023 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote:a good website promotion job would have hit on bigger and more important points about the business like that they ship overseas
Alas, he DID mention "international mail."
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Good point, but I still doubt this is a self promotion scheme, it's seems to poorly executed to be anything other than a pleased customer.
roadsideimports

Post by roadsideimports »

Well, my friend EastCoastSniper just gave me this link to check out, he just finished some really bad ass gravity knives for me, so if I want to promote anyone I think it should be him. He has some cool stuff and good quality that you won't see anyone else doing. That is not promoting me because you can find his stuff elsewhere.

Then to answer the critics, I am a busy guy, but if my friends point things out then I might take the time to say hello.

See the customers who buy junk and are cheap always are the first to complain, then those who complain are always writing stories about how much they need to cry and then when it is posted all the others crying start comforting one another.

Most good customers don't post anything because they just come back which makes the posts not very accurate at all, then when someone does post a positive thing it is always ridiculed and harassed by those in the crying corner.

So it is much appreciated for the compliments of my crazy behavior of actually being honest but some people can't stand that, and that is ok, the world is a big place and sadly full of idiots. If that statement about idiots concerns you then you just have to look at the world. Politicians, liars, I mean lawyers and why humans can't seem to get along at all, why color and race still are problems, why gender is a problem, why we are not of this planet yet, why we don't support one another like our neighbors and our own countrymen, why some don't vote, why some don't stand up for what they believe in, why some trade freedom for security, why we allow private companies to run the banks and tax collection, why history repeats itself. Sadly it is full of idiots and identifying those idiots is most important because they really are not people I want to talk to let alone do business with.

So how about I warn people not to do business at all with the website if you don't understand the price to quality ratio, if you don't understand threadlocker, if you want to live in a PC world, and if you think that I should bow down to make money, because that won't happen with me.
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

My first post here in a LONG time because of the babies and troublemakers.

Jb's attitude may be hard for most to grasp, but, reality trumps bullshit any day.

Ps... I wasn't looking for a plug, It was just an example
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I've always been happy with the service I've received through your site. I've bought a few cheap knives and a $30 stiletto, the cheap knives broke, (as I knew they would, their descriptions even said as much). But the stiletto, thats another story, the first one I got kept hanging up or bouncing back, even when oiled. I was afraid to ask if I could trade for a new one of the same model. But, I eventually did, the knife was taken back and found defective and I was given a new one that worked perfectly (which is exactly what I wanted), and that knife has served me even as an EDC for quite a while now.

I'm very pleased with the site, it's cheap, it's quality, JB tells you straight out if what your buying is crap or not, and so far I've had a very good experience with the site.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

A couple of weeks ago I asked for advice on OTF knives on this forum. After all the ideas came back I wound up at roadside. I asked him the same question and he shot back an answer right away. Not only did he do that but he made the better knife more affordable. Well then the weekend hit and he was busy so I never put an order in. This past Tuesday he called me to see what I was going to do. I actually blew my knife money on football games so I couldn't buy anything then but I will buy it from him and probably many more. He seems like a man that doesn't feed you crap.
Bottom line is I highly reccomend Roadsiteimports.com for his knives and his straight dealing.
wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Roshark

Post by Roshark »

JB is straightforward and wont take crap from people. not just talking him up here, but i really respect his kind of attitude. He sells good stuff and has knows how to serve the customer. he does what you ask if you ask properly rather than bitching at him. support him if you can! he has some really good knives so just keep watch on his website!
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I also can confirm that Roadside Imports is an honest site. I have always received what i wanted exactly as described. Granted his business dealings with his customers could use some work....but if you want to receive what you order with no bullshit then no worries from him.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

WARNING BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUY : may be good seller but sucks as a buyer lol ... not trying to knock anyone down but ive been scammed by this guy ( roadsideimports ) on sharperdeal auction site as he won the 13" swedge blade brazilian horn stiletto at 94.00 im sure a few of you may remember that auction , sent him a invoice day auction ended and received no response , waited 2 weeks after i sent invoice i sent him a direct email explaining how he won knife but i didnt recive payment, still nothing so i waited 1 more week with no response so i then left him negative feedback for non-payment , whats strange is i left him negative feedback but its not there in his feedback :shock: , but what i dont understand is he is buying knives from everyone with zero problems but strange with me i got no response from him at all through auction email or direct email . be careful guys your on thin ice with thjis guy in my opinion, if it happened to me im sure there are others, anyone doubts what i stated email me as i do have proof of the auction and his winnings.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

METALGOD wrote:WARNING BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUY : may be good seller but sucks as a buyer lol ... not trying to knock anyone down but ive been scammed by this guy ( roadsideimports ) on sharperdeal auction site as he won the 13" swedge blade brazilian horn stiletto at 94.00 im sure a few of you may remember that auction , sent him a invoice day auction ended and received no response , waited 2 weeks after i sent invoice i sent him a direct email explaining how he won knife but i didnt recive payment, still nothing so i waited 1 more week with no response so i then left him negative feedback for non-payment , whats strange is i left him negative feedback but its not there in his feedback :shock: , but what i dont understand is he is buying knives from everyone with zero problems but strange with me i got no response from him at all through auction email or direct email . be careful guys your on thin ice with thjis guy in my opinion, if it happened to me im sure there are others, anyone doubts what i stated email me as i do have proof of the auction and his winnings.
I always believe there are 3 sides to a story: your side, his side and the truth.