Emerson Question

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ratstuph

Emerson Question

Post by ratstuph »

When sniffing around on the Emerson web site, about six months ago, I thought I saw a reasonably priced kit that one could put together. In the last few weeks I have gone looking for it and had no success. Was I hallucinating when I thought I saw such a kit :roll: ; am I just too stupid to find it now :oops: ; or, is there an alternative explanation :idea: ?
Please, those of you who know all things Emerson, help me out here.

Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Your answer is all 3.Email Ernie and ask him whats up and while your at it ask him the best way to remove a bear trap from your ass. 8)
PB
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Beartrap Bob-
As always, a wealth of information and warmth. :roll:
...stuph
sheep-free since '93'...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Stuph
I'm serious. Email them and ask about it. You'll get an answer alot quicker then hanging here and waiting.
PB
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

BtB- OK; I did, but now I'm back here waiting for his answer. However a pizza may soon take precedence over all other matters.
sheep-free since '93'...
Gonzo_Beyondo

Post by Gonzo_Beyondo »

This sounds interesting. Please let me know what you find out!
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Still waiting; most sane people are probably out enjoying today, not checking email.
BTW, the pizza was great!
sheep-free since '93'...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Ratzpah my nice genes have taken over again Damn trying to fight it. Anway real quick. Its a holiday weekend so you won't be getting any responses till at least Wed. Now unless things have changed with their customer service you might never get a response. Do you know about the usual suspect form? It's for people who think Emerson is a god and can do no wrong.Their your quest for an answer will come to an end."AAAARRRRGGHHH"There I said it now its back to the lab to rearrange my chemical make up.
PB
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Well Mr. PB, As I was reading your post, an email arrived from Emerson. First thing on Tuesday after a holiday weekend; that's pretty good customer service! Here's what they wrote:

"Go to http://www.emersonknives.com/EK_Choose_Div.html
Click on the big blue 'THE KNIVES' button. A side menu will then come up. Click on 'Custom Store.' That is the closest thing I could think of matching your description. Hope that helps."

So I went to the website and here's a piece of their message there: "These knives are very expensive..." So, I guess I was hallucinating.
On another note, I'm becoming a bit concerned about your emotional well-being. Don't you know all those trips to Niceville are eventually going to take a toll on you? :(
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I'm impressed. The Emerson Co seems to have done a 360 in customer service. Ratstuph always remember I pay no tolls.
PB
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I WANT one of those Emerson BlackHawk knives! :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Mr. Stoneknife seems to have solved my quandry. The website he posted (knifekits.com) seems to be the one I was thinking of, as opposed to Emerson. One of the folder kits therien is the one I was wanting. Does anybody know anything about the GPC 1000 on that site? It looks interesting and may be within my limited capabilities. Thanks Mr. Stoneknife. And you too Mr. PB, for the useful guidance.
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

ratstuph,

Did you get an answer on " How to remove a bear trap from your ass"? The kit is a great thing, but the self bear trap removal gig would be worth a video.

:shock:
Steve
.45acp

NRA Life Member
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr ratstuph,I have made a few of the GX6's and they are a real fine knife.Easy is not the word for putting together.They come shaving sharp!They are a good company to do buisness with aswell!Nice solid lockup knives,**** in my rating!(thats 4 star,not shit) :lol: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

.45acp wrote:ratstuph,

Did you get an answer on " How to remove a bear trap from your ass"? The kit is a great thing, but the self bear trap removal gig would be worth a video.
:shock:
Steve
Steve-
I've been trying to think of a clever rejoinder for that "beartrap/ass" thing since Mr. PB posted it... I've got nuthin' :oops: :roll:
The only good bear video I've seen lately was the one falling out of a tree onto a trampoline. I only saw but didn't hear it. I hope they only darted the dumb beast and took it somewhere where it won't eat garbage and pets (people too, I suppose).

sl k-
The 6 looks nice but it has that real pointy, stick in your foot when you drop it, then break off the tip, kind of blade. Did you add a clip to any of the knives? If so was it as easy as it sounds/reads?
thanks,
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...