Can anyone tell me what kind of knife I have

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

Pushbutton wrote:All right this is my last stab at it. When you push the clamp and the handle opens what do you see inside?. Is it round? Are there some type of teeth that would grab when closed again. The gard has a hole correct. My final answer after using all my lifelines is C. Regis. it's a pilots knife that can attached and lashed to a spear type piece of wood for small game hunting or spear fishing. "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" OOOOOOH Mr pushbutton are judges are looking into it right now.
PB
that's what i said! :roll:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

mrbigg wrote:ok, now i see what you are talking about - i think the opening may be for some kind of mounting system, like maybe a bayonet!?!? so when you squeeze the clamp, this allows you to slide the knife onto a clip, or some sort of attachement on a rifle? (just a guess)
All righ all right I'll give it to you get rid of the unhappy face. Of course mine was the smarter reply as you and I both know bayonets don't look like that. But I won't gloat. And the reason I won't is because we are both most likely wrong. But it does have that military look to it. Maybe a female soldier and she kept her pads in there nice and safe.
PB
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

too much coffee mr PB? :D

no seriously - you're right, it's probably something else - we'd need a peek into that opening to see what it may have been designed for...

with all those serial #'s someone with the right book should be able to pinpoint it's exact purpose.....

how bout it patrick - can you whip up an end view?
Patrick D.

Mystery knife

Post by Patrick D. »

When you squeeze the handle clamps a very small opening at the bottom of the knife handle occurs. There are no teeth or any type of gripping mechanism apparent. I stuck a tooth pick up the opening and it only went in about an inch. I am almost positive that the knife is military in nature, maybe from around the Korean war, and quite probably supplied to the British army but I just can't figure out what the number etched into the blade are or what the clamping mechanism is used for. It's a really sturdy and stout knife.

It' driving me crazy! :x Also, just an FYI, I bought this a a yard sale last weekend from someone who knew nothing about it. Only paid $5.00 for it too. :P
If I may put forth a slice of personal philosphy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child king long enough...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If military the clamp might be used for crimping blasting caps. [Without seeing it this is a "shot in the dark"].