Better than braces!

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
the spotlight kid

Better than braces!

Post by the spotlight kid »

http://www.artesaniaalcala.com/pag3_eng.htm Pretty nifty,and it holds your trousers up too! :lol: I just found this old link in my favourites and thought I'd post it. :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Very cool, SPK. 8) Do they still sell them or is this a discontinued item.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
the spotlight kid

I think they still sell them,though they are on the pricey side! :roll: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Thanks Spotlight Kid. SPK what was i thinking. :oops:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Gonzo_Beyondo

Post by Gonzo_Beyondo »

did you get a quote on the price? this thing is fantastic for the novelty value!
the spotlight kid

I emailed them about 6 months ago and the reply was in Spanish,but I got the gist of it and the price was in excess of $1000 ! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Spotlight
I remember a few years ago a Swedish Co was doing the same thing except theres were more like replicas of Al Mars SERE FB. The handles were all a medium blue and it was about 10"or so total length. Tactical Blade Featured it on its cover touting it as the next step in self defense weapons. And you know something that knife was never mentioned again. Not even on BF of KF it was like it never existed.Very strange. Myself I find it hard to fathom a flexible knife being of much use or even useable I would really have to examine it up close in hand. The concept is fantastic though.
PB
the spotlight kid

Mr.P.B.,there is,SOMEWHERE,I think they are Asian Dancers that have a 6 foot blade wrapped around their waist that they swirl around in a very LETHAL like manner!They are razor sharp and very flexible,and could slice the likes of us to ribbons in a few pirouets! I am quite sure they are from Thailand or somewhere like that.I have seen them,and I was well impressed! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I believe the flexable sword/knife originated in India, how far it traveled I have no idea, but Burma, Thailand, Sri Lanka are all possiblities.
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Just SEEING the thing pop out might be enough for poorly-motivated street muggers. Now, that's a "knoife"! Paul Hogan would surely say...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

In the U.S. "braces" are more often called "suspenders", yes I know
"suspenders" has a different meaning in the U.K. perhaps someone from the U.K. could show us a nice pic of "suspenders" being modeled?
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Vagrant wrote:In the U.S. "braces" are more often called "suspenders", yes I know
"suspenders" has a different meaning in the U.K. perhaps someone from the U.K. could show us a nice pic of "suspenders" being modeled?

Any more requests?....... :lol:

Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

We may be "seperated by a common language" but one pic is all it takes to cure that. And my [our?] thanks for making things understandable.