Zhaohao??

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MoBigsley

Zhaohao??

Post by MoBigsley »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know anything about these knives? A friend of mine gave this to me. The back story is that he got it from an Uncle who lives in Pakistan. I had been telling him how I was interested in "switchblade" type knives and he surprised me with this. :) I couldn't find anything on this forum or a few others I frequent about Zhaohao knives. Internet searches have turned up very little. I'm curious what the value of this knife might be as well. I'm guessing between $50 to $100 bucks but who knows...

The blade is VERY sharp!

Knife has a built in LED that you can see turned on in this picture.

Knife also has a built in butane lighter... pretty cool idea

I can see this being useful for camping / hunting etc...

Thanks for anyone's help.

Mo
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Zhaohao??

Post by Vagrant »

It's been a few years since I had similar items but when I did, I SOLD them at the Flea for $20-$30 and made a profit. So the $50-$100 is "optimistic" :wink:
MoBigsley

Post by MoBigsley »

Thanks Vagrant... I'm not looking to sell it necessarily, just curious. Were the ones you had the same brand? I'm guessing no since you said "similar items".

Thanks,
Mo
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'm sure they were a different bran or unbranded but numerous VERY similar items were [almost] "a dime a dozen" a couple years ago. [The "branding" was often an importers additition.
I stopped selling the real cheapos so no longer pay any attention to them - they may still be "a dime a dozen" :lol:
A QUICK review didn't find any with the lighter but LEDs and clocks are still available.
http://www.stu711.com/index.php?main_pa ... 54b472f5dc
MoBigsley

Post by MoBigsley »

Thanks again Vagrant.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Bladeplay.com carries a lot of knives like yours. Here are a couple similar to yours that have LED flashlights instead of lighters, though Bladeplay carries knives with built-in lighters, too.

http://www.bladeplay.com/item--The-Brut ... nife--3966

http://www.bladeplay.com/item--The-Sher ... atic--3963

Price range $15.00 to $20.00 buck dollars....
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.