Never sell knives?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chrisadamley

Never sell knives?

Post by Chrisadamley »

I decided to start this topic i was thinking about from the other thread about fathers day.

How i would NEVER sell the knives i had got my father before he died and how much he loved them, and now i have them again.

I literally wouldn't sell the knives even if the offer was 1000 times their worth.

So i'm curious to hear about if any of you have a knife/s that you would never sell no matter what. Anybody have anything like that? and if no knives, anything in that regard that you would never sell for sentimental reasons?
Tom19176

Re: Never sell knives?

Post by Tom19176 »

I have several knives that I would never sell because of who gave them to me, or who owned them. I have several things of my dad's that I will never sell or trade off. I try not to sell knives ever, but over the years I have let a few go, and I often regret it. At some point I am thinking of getting rid of some cheap knives I bought early on, but the day to sell them has never come around yet......
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Yeah, family heirlooms (guns, knives, personal items) that were handed down to me will never see the market during my life. Both sons know which items are off limits for sale when I'm gone. They are honorable young men so no worries. I have never sold a gun and I have too many to mention. I have sold only a handful of knives due to lost interest or changes in direction.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
redeye

Post by redeye »

I aosl have a few knives that were my dads and would never part with them either. as for the guns my kids would sell them inna minute so the M-1 Garand will prolly get donated to the museum at Camp Blanding Fl. where my dad worked .they have a WWII museum thats really cool and I think that would be the best place for that rifle as it did see action in the war
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

I used to go hunting over on the Camp Blanding property back in the mid 70's when I lived in Jax. Didn't even know they had a museum.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i have 3, grandpa's old barlo and 4 blade case. i really hate to say this but my dad's milano he picked up in AZ a while back.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
leggo

Post by leggo »

I'll never sell the Colonial four blade Forest Master my Dad gave me about a year ago when I started to seriously collect knives again...l'm not sure but I think it might be the same one I bought for myself wheni was about 13 and somehow it ended up in his dresser drawer for years. Someday I'll be owning his WW11 Army Air Core fixed blade...not looking forward to that though.
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

Interesting subject. I have three knives in my accumulation(collection is not an apropos term here)that will be passed on to my son and grandson.
The first is a 4 blade Kamp King that belonged to my grandfather(who raised me)and gave me my first serious cut when I was trying to open it(without his permission of course)at the age of eight.It went missing for about 25 years but that is another story.
The second is my first knife that I was allowed to purchase at the age of ten for the grand sum of 98 cents. It too went missing with my grandfather's knife and was then found.
The last one is a very primitive looking fixed blade made from a saw blade with a piece of copper pipe for a handle.It was a gift from my dad when I finally met him at the age of 43.Another long story. He made it while stationed on a submarine in San Diego around 1925.
Attachments
DadsKnife 001.jpg
DadsKnife 001.jpg (62.59 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
TopOfMachinistsToolBox1 001.jpg
TopOfMachinistsToolBox1 001.jpg (56.89 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
GrampsKnife1 001.jpg
GrampsKnife1 001.jpg (59.89 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice keepers, Rey...welcome to talkblade!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Great looking knives Ray,I especially like the hand made number. Welcome to the forum.