Case Identification Help

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chrisadamley

Re: Case Identification Help

Post by Chrisadamley »

Tom19176 wrote:did you post the Buck 110 in the Buck section for comments?
didnt even realize that there was a "buck" section :p...

I really didnt realize people would care to see an old buck 110. and since they still make them today i figure its not worth a whole lot, So i will definitely be keeping that one. I really like 110's. I got a very nice custom one MM did for my dad for christmas. He loved it!
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Oh well i did find out how to date the buck knife!...oh the internet is a wonderful thing lol.

It has 1 dot on either side of the logo, so according to what i found that puts it between 1974 and 1980. So late 70's :)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

There is a Buck section under Manufactors on Blade forums, Even if your keeping it post a pictures there as I promise you will get a ton of comments....
13blades

Post by 13blades »

I have a fifth edition knives and razors identification and valuation book by Jim Sargent that lists two types of that folding case knife. They both look like your one. They read as follows

551-Case, genuine stag, early '40s, 5-3/4 folding lockblade, 10-5/8" OA, mint; $1,000.

And,

651-Case, green bone, early '40s, 10-5/8 OA, 5-3/4" folding lockblade, mint; $1000.

Hope this helps. I like the knife its neat :)
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Thanks alot 13blades...this verifies what i have found out on another site as well :)

Another user elsewhere also told me this is a model 551 with around that same price. i am very surprised that its worth that much!

of course mine isnt mint, but its still in pretty decent shape :)

ya this was one lucky piece to get! now i just need to decide if/how/where i want to sell it :p