Carry Question

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thatoneguy

Carry Question

Post by thatoneguy »

Hey! Do any of you guys/gals out there carry a fixed blade regularly? I have been for awhile now. I used to carry a SOG Pentagon, which is a great knife b.t.w., but now I carry a WW2 bayonet, purely for the fact that it is very useful and nearly indestructible :mrgreen: . So i'm just wondering if i'm the only one out there that does this. Post some pics. if you've got any! :mrgreen: Hers the pics of mine! http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12612
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Carry Question

Post by Vagrant »

On the rare occassions I MAKE one, I carry it until someone "makes me an offer I can't refuse" :wink:
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

This is the only fixed blade that I carry . It was originally a sidehawg that was a gift from a fellow member here. I stuck somw walnut scales on it and made a sheath for it. Like it because it's small but very usable.

TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i started carring a fixed back in the 70's until about 2003 when the told me at work that it scared people and not to wear it. so i switched to a switch. then they told me i couldn't wear my gun either sssshhhh. i don't understand, i worked there 23 years with out so much as hitting anyone!!! i came close a couple times. but i controled my anger.

tryker
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Not really.
For hunting yes, but every day no. Thats a real nice one though. I'm really liking the new Boker Beast plus with the recurve fixed blade on the cover of Blade magazine March 2010.
Lately I run around with a brass and bone handled bali.
Leverlock switchblades
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

Thought I would put an update here. I went down to the local Wal Mart and bought me a Gerber Profile. So far its wonderful. Razor sharp (I actually got bored and shaved with it) great finish, hasnt even scratched yet, its small enough for a good e.d.c. and the best part, under $20! So if youre in the market for a good fixed blade, I highly suggest the Profile
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

I normally only carry one when in the woods, but I've got a serious hankering for a RAT Izula lately. I'm not too eager to wear it as a necker, but seems small enough to carry in pocket or maybe not too obvious wearing it horizontally in its kydex sheath on a belt or under a jacket. Or maybe just lashed onto a pack strap.
Attachments
Izula.jpg
Izula.jpg (18.86 KiB) Viewed 5570 times
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I like the minimalist style 8)
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

Whether i go big or small depends on the day. If im hangin out with some of my buddies i will probably have a larger knife because i know they wont call the cops on me or somethin but if im out shopping or somethin like that i will probably carry something smaller (and legal ; )). But so far, as I said in my earlier post, the profile is a good e.d.c. It has about a 3.5-4" blade which makes it big enough to use and small enough to use in public
Purecustom

Post by Purecustom »

i carry my boker Kalashnikov everyday at work and i have to say, bought this knife about 4 months ago and i been trying my hardest to brake it or damage it in some way but i cant! and i mean i have cut concrete with this, i have done hvac work with this, custom fab (i use it to hold something in place just about every time i pick up my tig) and i mean this thing just kicks ass. but recently the blade has started to loosen up and the edge has dents and dings all over the place so im looking for something to replace it with.. i was thinking a bench made but im up for suggestions!! HINT HINT, because of the laws here i only carry one of my swingaurds when im out with the boys, just a regular outing i may have my good old swis army knife or a manual folder

Shawn
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

The only fixed blade i used to carry was a Bud Nealy. Great tactical and concealable in a small package.
Now that I'm a civilian, carry any fixed blade would be frowned upon by local LEO.
The Benchmade Mini Reflex is one of my favorite edc or the Spyderco Endura. Would never carry a stiletto or swinguard as an edc with the laws we have.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

Concealed carry without a permit will soon be legal in the great state of Arizona. I presume that also applies to knives, That might be a good time to start carrying a fixed boot knife or something.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

This looks like a good one to carry. With the pocket sheath, I don't think it would draw too much attention either. And I like the price!

AG Russell Woodswalker

http://www.agrussell.com/ag-russell-woo ... h/p/AGPRS/