Smith and Wesson H.R.T. OTF ASSISTED OPENER

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
incessant

Smith and Wesson H.R.T. OTF ASSISTED OPENER

Post by incessant »

First of all, I apoloigie if I have posted this on the wrong board... seeing as the referenced knife is an Assisted Opener.

I searched the boards, and found little talk of this knife.

I am looking for First Hand Knowledge of this knife.

If you have used, played with or owned one of these knives, I would love to hear your opinion.

I want a fairly functional OTF for light-medium duty. Assisted openers offer legal advantages in my state.

Thanks is advance!
Legalize it!
sandbar

Re: Smith and Wesson H.R.T. OTF ASSISTED OPENER

Post by sandbar »

Not a bad knife at all. They do offer the same speed of a single action otf without the legal issues.

I feel they are an excellent alternative to the real deal. You can find them across the net from near all dealers abroad.

Hope this helps! Oh yes I have used one and had no issues.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have handled a few and liked them, but did not get one yet. They are worth the money. A few guys on the site have bought them and there was a post on it. They all liked them ( except Phil). The only thing is they maybe "legal" by a very small change in design that a officer may not agree with you about if you were stopped and had one on you.....( I am a former LEO and most of the guys I worked with or for me who still take you in for this type of knife, but not me!..lol..)

here is a link to the thread about them that I started months back:

http://talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... pening+OTF
incessant

Post by incessant »

Thanks for the info and the link to the thread. It looks like the 2nd GEN may be easier to use whereas the safety is actually on the button
Legalize it!